Software
Houzz Logo Print
rbenamou

Need help in determining the worth and manufacturer of my kitchen set

13 years ago
I have this the original black glass table with these matching chairs in my kitchen. I would like to find out the manufacturer and what this vintage set may be worth? I am unable to read he labels under the chair but I may be interested in selling it. Can you please let me know if you have a lead to this?
Dallas, TX: Lyndsey & Steve · More Info

Comments (22)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I don't but I'll ask the home owners. Maybe they'd know something about it. Thanks for your question.
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you Sarah
  • 13 years ago
    Sarah,
    Have you been able to get any lead for me on my table and chairs from the homeowner in this picture?Please let me know as I am searching the Internet but have not been very successful. Thank you so much for your assistance!
  • 13 years ago
    Hi, the chairs are Danish modern and they are a gray lucite with chrome bottom and white leather seat. From the 60's.
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you for your comment. My chairs are actually black lucite and the base is solid Crome. The table i have to my set is black glass and a solid Crome base with black lucite. Do you possibly know the name of this Danish manufacturer? I know it's late 60's design but having trouble trying to value the set, I am trying to show it to a vintage dealer but want to know the value to make sure I am not getting less than the value of the set.
  • 13 years ago
    I bought them from a Danish antique dealer in Hudson, NY - he would be able to give you more information. Kym is his name - http://www.arenskjold.com/store/furniture_search.php?FRID=aGqWYWZjlZLM&mobileBookmark=true
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it.
  • 13 years ago
    rbenamou - I may be interested in buying these style chairs if you learned the price and are interested in selling.
  • 13 years ago
    Peter,
    I have not found out the value yet but as soon as I do, I will let you know if I would sell. If I do sell it the value would be in the entire set with the table. Breaking up a vintage set usually will de-value it.thanks
  • 13 years ago
    I also would be interested in the price of these beautiful chairs. make and model as well as availability.
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you so much for the tip!
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    thank you so much, I will start looking for them. Now if anyone knows where to obtain Elk Antlers please share. Must be white.
  • 13 years ago
    The chairs are Marquise by Chromcraft. I stumbled upon an ad for the set being sold on Ebay. This particular ad dated the set to 1973. I have the tables and chairs, too, and love them.
  • 13 years ago
    I've bought two separate sets (one amber, one gray) so that I would have eight chairs. They turn up every few months on Craigslist and EBay. I bought one set in Louisiana and the other in Texas. Both cost $400 after a bit of bargaining. I have seen the set priced for $2000 on EBay; therefore, I think it depends on where you live. I would also like to know the estimate of an official appraisal.
  • 13 years ago
    By the way, the 1972 ad was great. It read along the lines of "hey, if you want to be edgy, but not too edgy, this is the set for you!" My paraphrase:)
  • 12 years ago
    where is that round dining table from?
  • 12 years ago
    where can i buy the deer horns? they look nicely!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    These are real and were given to the home owners by a neighbor. Then they created the white washed effect with chalk and hung them by the base as you see in the photo. They can't be purchased like this.
  • 12 years ago
    sarah, where is the dining room table from?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    It has been in the home owners family for years - a hand me down.
  • 7 years ago
    I had previously thought to sell my table and chairs and then my mother became iill and I was very involved in her care-everything went on hold- I would like to sell my set but there are so many ranges in prices, I don’t know where to start , anyone have some ideas?it is the Table and chairs chrome craft set with black glass top and black lucite chairs.i live on Long Island and looking for someone to value the set-if you know someone , please pass on the information, thanks.
    Randi