ginny20

Electrolux Double Wall Oven Fault Code F14

ginny20

It's an EW30EW65GS8, installed 9/2011. Suddenly got this fault code, which refers to communication between touch screen and control panel. Strange thing was, code appeared two days after last time the oven was used (to braise at 250 deg), just out of the blue. Haven't used self-clean in months. Service is coming out tomorrow. But here's the thing: if the problem is one part, that part costs $240. The other (touch pad, I think) costs $875, and it could be both. Plus labor and taxes. So maybe $1200-$1400. Or maybe they just jiggle the connections and it's fixed. I love the oven, and it would be a pain, and even more expensive, to get a different oven, arrange installation, and have to redo the carpentry - the oven is actually built in a wall into the garage. But seems nuts to spend that much only to have an oven that could break again. So, oh esteemed Appliance Gurus (you know who you are), what would you do?

• wekick

Electrolux is such a mixed bag.

I love the way it functions but it has it's issues.

We have been out of town and I hope it isn't beeping when I get home.

• 11ariane11

Now it's happened to me, too. Two weeks ago, I got error code F14 on model EW27EW65G57 - ovens were installed in 2011 - I never use self-clean (it's a waste of electricity and causes numerous problems in ovens of many brands), though I did use the broiler recently, which I use less frequently than the ovens (they get standard use 2 or 3 x per week). Called Electrolux, they recommended turning off the power at the fuse box, but F14 error returned when oven was turned on again. I was told I had to get repairman to diagnose. Problem could be one of two things, one repair (touch screen) around $199, the other (control panel) $1,100. Did I hear that right? A thousand dollar repair on ovens that are barely six years old? That cost $2,800 to begin with? Seriously? But what could I do? Local shop came to diagnose ($143), ordered less expensive part that took ten days to arrive - charged me $299, plus labor and tax (total $450), but I was so relieved I didn't need the more expensive part, I didn't dispute their overage. Today, one day later, oven malfunctioned again. Same error code. Called Electrolux. Now told I need the more expensive part. Can I get a refund on the first repair that didn't solve the problem? Sorry, no. By the time I'm finished, I will have paid nearly what the ovens cost new! Very unhappy customer!!! Electrolux should stand by their product until it's repaired, not pass on the escalating cost to the consumer!!! I've been reading these message boards since I got off the phone and apparently Electrolux reads them too - so let's see if I get an email from them to resolve this. In the meantime, I'm going upstairs to put my clothes in my 25-year-old Bosch washing machine.

ginny20 thanked 11ariane11

Need help with awkward kitchen

More update: this is what's behind the arch: pipes, pipes and more pipes! It's not a question of a supporting wall anymore, it's now more about is there anything we can do to at least raise the arch a little bit??? A first plumber said it's going to be expensive, but didn't really go into details (he's the plumber working in the bathroom right now, and he tells me "Elisa, one thing at a time"). I would like to know now! So I called another plumber and he will come to look at it tomorrow. We'll see. Some people tell me to do whatever it takes to raise the arch. I worry that it's going to be too much money and for too little gained... What do you guys think? From what I've been told, the big pipe is the waste line coming down from the bathroom around the arch and down into the basement. The neighbors have the same house but in their kitchen this big pipe doesn't turn and it goes straight down to the floor, so they have half a wall there and a door to the other side of the kitchen (where my nook is). I don't think I like that design better than mine, anyway. There is also another pipe that goes into the ceiling diagonally from the waste pipe, and I'm not sure what this is, maybe the vent for the waste??? On the side where the arch comes down and touches the counter you see more pipes, these are vents from the sink in the basement and from the sink here in the kitchen. From what you can tell, and if you need more pictures check out my blog http://colonialonabudget.blogspot.com/ (you can even look at the bathroom posts where you see the exposed pipes to make any pipe connections), is this job worth it? How much can I raise that pipe by? Four inches? Is it going to cost $2,000???? Any comments or observations will be sooo appreciated! Thanks again and I will continue to keep you posted. Elisa

Kitchen makeover advice

@ErthCoverings, its "Pablo Travertine Natural Stone Mosaic" My local tile supply shop had to special order it, there is a distributor in VA for all of the US. Its great to work with, real solid mesh backing and all the tiles are extremely hone and flush to each other so the 1/8" grout line worked well. A few more pics, most of the drawers are outfitted with Rev-A-Shelf storage solutions, the 36" Cooktoop Cabinet has two wire mesh vertical pot systems. The Pantry next to the fridge was semi-custom design with the high doors and two shelves, followed by three lowers drawers. All the drawers are full extension Blum slides which I have to say are amazing, there isn't a single corner that isn't accessible.

Best Kitchen Range?

WOW $35,000 for one appliance???? If you go to consumer affairs.com and look at their ratings and reviews you might want to think long and hard about spending such an exorbitant amount of money for one appliance! Many of the reviews state that it is beautiful to look at but parts are a nightmare to get as many are no longer manufactured. But if money is absolutely no object, then go for it. We do very high end homes along the coast of California but I would have serious discussions with my client if they wanted that for their kitchen. I would want them to be very well informed about the high cost of repairs and possible unavailability of parts. But if eat the end of the day that is what they want, so be it.

Do not buy Miele appliances - unreliable

We have five Miele appliances. They are reliable and working. However, my beef with them is: the user interface and ergonomic design is sorely lacking and inconsistent between appliances... the operation of each (all the nuances of their command language) should be the same so you don't have to remember one oven behaves one way and another another way. Ex: the steam oven is great, but the timing countdown doesn't start until up-tp-temperature, which is different from the rest. THe microwave inconsistently turns on the waveguide sometimes 1-2 seconds after start, sometimes 5-6 seconds (yet the countdown timer continues). The stovetop turns off with an "F" error if a fleck of food or water/oil pops out onto the touchbutton area AND there's no beep. it just turns off (and you're there stirring away) The microwave gets itself into a mode where it says "Function not available" when you try to press 1-Minute for microwave (start or continuation). If you press 1-Minute too quickly (to accumulate minutes), it gives an error. None of the ovens allow entry of "60" seconds... you have to enter "1" minute "00" seconds. Additionally at every key press there's some sort of informational message/reminder and no way to turn those off. You cannot have the door open and be loading while setting the time/temp/etc. The induction stovetop big/main burner itself is only about 6" in dia., and heats the middle circle of a large pan first, even tho it's cast iron or top of the line clad. You sometimes have to turn the oven on just to turn the inside light off. The company did not want to hear any feedback. The list goes on. It's as if different companies designed each of the oven/stoves and no one tested them in-home for actual foodie usage. In summary, my issue is not with reliability, but functional design (they ARE beautiful!)
  • ginny20

Ariane, I'm so sorry this happened to you too. The way my repairman explained it, first he would try the touch screen ($875 plus labor and tax), then if that didn't fix it, it would also require the less expensive part. Fortunately (?) I only needed the touch screen. He said that the problem from self-cleaning was usually different, and he didn't think there was anything I could have done to cause this. Also, there was no corrosion or any visible damage inside. Interesting that our ovens were from the same year.

• barb33lopez

Looks like models installed on 2011 have a common defect! Class action?!!!

I went to use the oven yesterday on Thanksgiving and got the F14 code!

Read these reviews and tried to cancel and restart. No luck. Called Electrolux today and a nice lady patiently walked me through turning off the breaker, waiting a minute and flipping it back on.

It worked.

But now it's like driving a car and knowing it's going to break down again, you just don't know when!

We bought our house several years ago and the gorgeous remodeled kitchen with Electrolux appliances was definitely an attractant. So far we've had to replace the dishwasher (read the previous owner's notes that they had already replaced the pump once), and now the oven is not dependable.

For such expensive appliances, one would REALLY expect better.

Oh- and did I mention that the microwave continues to spin on its own with the light on, after it's done, the food has been removed and you've shut the door? ....which also reminds me that I've grown used to the fact that the oven fan continues to hum so loudly after you turn the oven off, that you think it's still on.

ginny20 thanked barb33lopez
  • 11ariane11

Oh, no! When I got the dreaded error code, I remember thinking, well, at least it didn't happen when I was having a dinner party or ... Thanksgiving!!!!

But, like you, I kept waiting for it to malfunction again. Which it did almost immediately after I got off the phone with Electrolux. So they told me I had to call in a local repairman. Naturally, it happened on a Friday night. So Monday. And then ten more days for the part to ship.

I'm still nervous about a repeat failure, even now that I've had both parts replaced - the touch pad first, and then the $1,100 control panel. The first part failed an hour after the repairman left. After we'd spent the entire time he was here talking about how lousy these digital appliances are. Like you, the error code just appeared out of the blue. Oven wasn't even on. I heard the familiar beeping from another room, and my heart sank.

I was pretty unpleasant to the Electrolux people - six years is NOT an old appliance - and I did get a supervisor to give me a 30% discount, so $880 for the second repair. Give it a try. Nevertheless, I was into repairs - labor and having to pay $25 for overnight shipping because at that point I was two weeks into having no oven - for a total of about $2,000. Pathetic. But what can you do? Btw, the fan in my oven also keeps running for about 1/2 an hour after I turn the oven off, but it has always done this. I figure it's just doing its job.

Good luck - you may be one of the lucky ones who fixed the problem on the first try. But let me know if you escalate to the lawsuit level. I'm with you! Someone should hold these manufacturers to stand by their product.

• jane__ny

This post makes my heart sink.

I'm planning a kitchen remodel and was considering Electrolux because I love their washer and Dryers. I purchased them five years ago. Have never had a problem and love how well they wash. I am so impressed I thought I would go with Electrolux appliances for my kitchen.

Now, I'm having second thoughts. Seems the ovens worked fine until year six!

My washer and Dryer are age five. Yikes!

Thanks for all the info.

Jane

• ginny20

It's possible that 2011 was a bad year. Hard to say. My repairman said he doesn't get called for a lot of Bosch ovens, but unless we know how many Bosch are installed compared to Elux, that doesn't really mean anything. I guess anything with electronics is a crap shoot. Ovens with just knobs are going to be more reliable, but does anyone even make them? Other than the fact that the oven just effectively cost me about 40% more than I originally thought, I do love the oven.

• 11ariane11

The reason I went with the Electrolux double wall ovens was because I had limited space - I wasn't doing a total kitchen remodel, just new appliances and countertops, so I had to fit the wall ovens into the space the old ones came out of. Only two models met those specs, and Electrolux got better reviews than the other brand (can't remember which).

That said, I don't think I would recommend these ovens, particularly based on the comments here. When I did my remodel, I spent a lot of time (too much!) on kitchen blogs, and although almost every brand seemed to have one or two horror-stories, certain brands/models had many. It really is a crapshoot, as Ginny says. Even with the most expensive brands (I had a problem with my Subzero, too, but they fixed it for free; I guess with a 7K appliance they stand by their product).

Btw, I think many companies outsource different appliances under a single brand name, so Electrolux washers and dryers may not even be made by the same people who make the ovens. This is something you can find out in the research - and on the upside, a week later, with my ovens going full-tilt over Thanksgiving weekend, I've almost forgotten the pain of writing all those checks! Good luck - a new kitchen is exciting!

• ginny20

Exactly, Ariane! I self-cleaned it right after the repair, and it looks great. On Thanksgiving, I pressed that Perfect Turkey button and just forgot about the repair cost. (Mind like a sieve, apparently.) Happy holidays to all, and to all, a working oven!

• jane__ny

I'm keeping my fingers crossed with the washer/dryer.

I'm 68 yrs old. Raised kids, did laundry all those years. Bought these front loaders five years ago and never thought I could fall in love with a washer/dryer. I still amaze myself how crazy it is to love a washer!

They are so good! They wash better than any machine I ever owned and I always bought high end. They still amaze me after five years.

Crazy, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed to get past year six.

Ginny and Arianel, wish you luck and hope you don't have anymore problems. Good vibes! Happy Holidays!!

Jane

• 11ariane11

Jane, you make me laugh - I have appliance love, too, particularly for the well-designed and the well-made - and I love taking care of beautifully made things that last forever, like my 22-year-old KitchenAid stand mixer. Unfortunately these days, buying quality is expensive, but workmanship is getting sloppy everywhere (see my SubZero experience above; but I do love my SubZero). My dream is to someday own a La Cornue. The yellow one... In my next house!

• outofthewoods54

I too have the Electolux Single Wall Oven. Mine was installed in August 2010. I recall the fellow who installed it told me the control panel was the most expensive part of the whole oven...he said something like $2000 for just the control panel, but then I am Canadian:) He told me once the oven shuts off, the fan runs for a while to cool the control panel off. I decided that was crazy and have always left my oven door open slightly for a few minutes to ah, assist with the cooling off process!! It works way better than letting the fan do it's thing!!

I now have the F14 issue....and I have followed all your tips...even turned off the breakers for a few moments and that beep and the F14 are back. Of course I was in the middle of cooking dinner in the oven when that trouble indicator popped up. I just had to replace our washer/dryer last week.....sigh...and now the oven!

I am super thankful all the comments I have read. I won't even bother calling the service guy!!

Janet

• ginny20

So sorry, Janet. Welcome to a club you never wanted to join!

• 11ariane11

I'm with Ginny - this is not a club you want to join! So sorry!

Like you, the first time my oven failed, I had a three-course dinner cooking inside and had to transfer everything into pots and pans to finish cooking on the stove. Then spent the rest of the night washing dishes. But that was just the beginning...

You sound much more calm than I was - by the time I got through all the time and money wasted, I was furious. I got over it eventually. But I wish I was Canadian! : )

Good luck with your repairs. Save all your receipts - someone above mentioned a class action!

• outofthewoods54

Haha, definitely not a club I dreamed even existed!! Thanks for being so welcoming!!! So, we went to look at a new oven today. The sales guy spoke very loud...I wish he had a dial, so I could turn his volume down!! He showed us a super cheap wall oven and then told us he had an amazing Bosch oven with a wee scratch in their discount section and he would give it to us at a huge discount. We wandered out to the warehouse to see this Bosch. It had dials and the racks did not slide...but he was going to give it to us for $2000 CAD (so like $1000 USD?:) I suggested my husband take a picture of it and the model number. We wander back in to the show room and the sales guy goes ahead to see if he can also get us some extra discount, a mail in rebate. He brings back a picture of the identical oven in the discount room with a price tag of $2600. He then says that's the best he can do as it list for $2900. We are rather confused and my husband tells him it's not the same model number as the one in the discount area....he said 'yes, because the one in the discount area also included a microwave.' He then looks at us and says, 'you don't want the microwave option, do you?' No, I do not, but I am not paying $600 more for less of an oven!! He then says he has checked his paperwork and the oven in the discount area is actually $3900 and we could have it for $3600! Trust me, he was a lot quieter this time. We stood up, thanked him and left!!! I then come home and tell my daughter the oven is not working. She tells me she used it earlier and it worked just fine!!! Oh what to do?!! I did see that Coscto on line has the Electrolux single wall oven...slightly different model for $2400 CAD. To top things off....our washing machine quit last week after 10 years....the service guy came and said it was a $1000 repair job, something about the bearings were shot, and it would be cheaper to buy a new one! He cost $124.00 CAD to tell me that. He did tell me about Costco online though...and they carry Samsung. I can't bear to have him back again to tell me we need a new oven....so when that little F14 appears again....I will get one. When it rains, it pours! Janet

• k newhart

well i will join this broken Electrolux oven group! i bought mine in 2012, single wall oven. worked great for 3 years, although this is in my summer home so never got the use had it been a full time home. First thing that happened the self cleaning oven feature stopped working but the oven worked fine. Next the oven control board wasn't lighting up all the features, but since I didn't use them anyways it wasn't a big deal. Oven still worked fine for what I used it for. Then last October it began beeping & I got the F14 error code. I immediately flipped the breaker and oven went back to normal, so i thought. Oven worked fine again for a couple weeks but then the beeping and error code started again. I flipped the breaker again, let the oven off for a while and then turned breaker on, once again oven seemed to work fine. Finally it did it again and it was about when I was leaving for the winter anyways so I left the breaker off & will return this week to deal with it. I had scheduled a repair man but from reading these posts that will be a waste. I will just buy a new oven! not worth dealing with it. I also have an Electrolux refrigerator and have never liked it, ice maker has basically never worked! and no one wants to come fix it, including the appliance store I bought it at. My other home has Wolf ovens & I love them. sorry this is so long!!! thanks for all the comments.

• 11ariane11

Hello, knewhart - your comment was in my email this morning - ah, Electrolux oven problems keep on coming... It doesn't seem right that we have to shoulder the expense for this obviously defective product. We upheld our end of the bargain, that is we paid for an appliance with the expectation that it would last a certain number of years - none of these ovens has lasted even ten years - and then had to pay more - a lot! - when Electrolux failed in their end of the bargain, which was to sell a product that lived up to expectations. There is no guarantee an appliance will last a certain number of years, but a fair expectation is part of what a company sells - and we pay for - when a product is put into the marketplace. I'm not a lawyer, but this seems wrong to me. Just on principle, I'd support anyone out there who wants to pursue this. Bad publicity is a powerful tool - especially now that everyone reads these online blogs. I know I was turned off certain brands and products when I read bad reviews. If I were Electrolux, I'd want to address this.

• cdn_renos

I have the slide in Dual Fuel range and I have the same issues. Bought mine in 2010. It's been in my garage now for 2 years because of this error. So, it seems this happens to all Electrolux range/oven models. Mine would error (F14 I believe) when trying to heat up. I phoned and was told the same story as the rest of you. I also tried flipping the breaker and that only fixed it for a short time. I was told it was probably a problem with the touch panel and/or the control board. Over $1000 to fix both. I talked to someone who services these ovens and he told me it's likely caused by de-laminating of the layers of the touch panel. I think what happens is that the heat from the oven causes this de-laminating over time. Wave/touch panels do not work with high temperatures like an oven. It's probably just a bad design. So, we bought a new stove and this one sits rotting in our garage because I still hold out hope I can fix it. But I'm not paying $875USD right now to buy a touch panel. It will probably do the same thing again after a few years because it's a design issue. The vent for the stove is UNDER the touch panel. It will always happen.

I bought an entire Electrolux line for my kitchen and here are the results:

1. * Stove: In my garage as explained

2. * 36" Fridge to match: Service within first year under warranty. Also touch panel. It was $500 part. Another service for the water valve. Leaking all over the place. Right now we are having an out of warranty repair because the defrost is broken. Trying to figure out which board to replace.

3. * Island fridge drawers: Cable in the back breaks because it's a flexible cable attached to the drawers and it's cold. So ya, it just snaps after being opened and closed enough time. I can no longer adjust the temperature or see any read out. Seems to keep things cold so I just live with it. I tried to repair it many times, but it just breaks because you can't have a flexible wire in a cold zone like that.

4. * Dishwasher: Emblem fell off the front. I used silicon to stick it back on. Front is rusting. Inside racks are falling apart. Most of the tines are gone now as they all rusted and fell off.

5. Less than 8 years on each. The stove lasted about 5 years I think total because it was installed in 2011. The fridge has been repaired multiple times and currently is not usable. The island fridge drawers are terribly designed. The dishwasher is barely holding together. I went for this line because I was expecting quality.

• Maggie Osterberg

Sigh. I just found this thread because my 2011 'Lux induction range just beeped out the F14 error code. The circuit breaker reset didn't do a thing.

My ElectrolElectrolux oven had the same F14 code. I discovered it after I came back from visiting family in another state. I tried what a woman said on an earlier post to turn it on then hit cancel. It is working now, but I am nervous about it happening again. It would be almost impossible for me to pay that high repair bill. My oven was also installed at the end of 2011, but not used until February 2012. With all these ovens having the same problem I would think a recall would be in order. Perhaps we could start a petition to the correct agency to force it. If so many on this web site have the problem there are probably so many more that have the same issue.

ginny20 thanked HU-685530906

Bought my house in 2016, with a 2011 Electolux wall oven in the kitchen. Got the F14 code in 2017 and did the circuit breaker off, then on fix thing. Now, I have the F14 back and looking at the same expensive repairs that all of the above have had. So unhappy! If there is a class action lawsuit, count me in. It's inexcusable that Electolux wouldn't honor a general defect in a company product.

ginny20 thanked HU-961937136

So my electrolux started with the E15 code. Repair guy just left my house and now I have the error f14 popping up. I am not a happy camper. I've just finished paying 500.00 to have it "fixed". Mine is a 2011 as well. I'm all in for a class action and or petition. This was not a cheap appliance.

• Barb Shrewsbury

My 2011 oven ( installed 2012) has had several error code problems . Luckily i was under warranty but now the last one is the dreaded F 14 Error code - no warranty and has been diagnosed to need about $1000 repair ! I definitely think reading all this that there was a defect in the 2011 ovens So, looks like I’m facing replacing a 6 1/2 year-old oven ( That cost me over $3000 including the extended warranty). I was considering replacing that part but I forsee nothing but more problems in the future. It was a great oven during his short life Never, never, never again Electrolux, Frigidaire or any of their other products Someone really should file a class action Suit! Count me in.

ginny20 thanked Barb Shrewsbury
  • anegreenlund
    last year

I have the Electrolux EW30GF65 GSK and I now have the error code F14 as well. Thanks for everyone who has posted previously. I'm now convinced it's junk and I will pursue purchasing a new one instead of throwing good money after bad.

• Amanda Jarnagin

I suppose I'm now a part of this exclusive F14 error club. My Electrolux single wall oven was also installed in 2011 (SHOCKER) & I'm getting the infamous "F14". We haven't used it much at all & now that we are using it more often we get this. How do we file a class-action some of you have talked about? At a bare minimum, we should call BBB right?? WHAT JUNK. The breaker didn't work for me. This happened 2 years ago on Thanksgiving and all I did was hit cancel and that worked. There must be a short or something. UGHHHHHHH!

ginny20 thanked Amanda Jarnagin
  • Beth Putnam

This oven was manufactured in a faulty manor and the company should be making restitution. Call BBB and fill out the paperwork.

RiverDog Woodworks

We, too, have a 2011 double wall oven with the F14 error code. I would love to know if anyone has gotten through to electrolux. We will be calling BBB and filling out the paperwork.

Zelinski, Robert Incorpor

Just got the F14 code today On our 2011. Oven was not in use, and we start to hear a beeping. F14 code flashing! Oven was last used 2 days ago. And we never used self cleaning. Tried cancel which worked, started heating on bake, worked until 101 degrees, then fault code 14. Happened on both ovens. shut breaker off, will leave overnight. Going to start pricing parts, have already replaced bottom heating element twice in the upper oven

• Shea

I'm having the same F14 code. Anyone have any luck with BBB or electrolux?

• rdawkins16

Bought ours in Feb 2011 with an extended warranty which ran out in May 2016. September of the same year got our first E-15 error code. Had the tech replace the user interface board for $320 (CAD). Everything fine until Jully 2019 when we got the E-14 code. This was cleared up by the breaker reset method. Yesterday I was heating the oven to 425º and at 275º I heard the dreaded beeping and the F-14 error code was showing. From reading the experiences above it looks like having the user interface board replaced would be a waste of money—it's likely to be the touch panel which is delaminating due to heat from the oven—perhaps exacerbated by our habit of, after using the oven, leaving the door open to accelerate cooling in the winter so that damned fan shuts off earlier.

So a $1200 fix seems inevitable, since the unit cannot be sold non-functioning, but we will be looking for a new range, and it certainly will not be Electrolux.

We never used the self cleaning function, by the way.

Too bad a class action lawsuit is unlikely. The least Electrolux could do is provide cheap or free control panels to original owners. There must be stacks of them rotting on their warehouse shelves which will be disposed of once the legally required period for parts availability is passed.

update: I talked to the tech yesterday who said F-14 indicated improper communication between the control board and the touch panel which could be caused by a bad contact at the end of a ribbon connector or a fault in either the touch panel or the control board. In Canadian dollars the touch panel would cost $1400+ and the control board another $400+ Then there's labour and tax. If either of the parts is found not to be needed, there is no refund. Moreover when asked if the functioning range could then be sold for what the fix would cost he laughed...

So, it's either pay the $2000+ to get another ?years out of it or take my losses, buy new again and pay to have this elegant piece of **** removed and disposed of. I

Before I do that, though, I am going to attempt to get at the circuit board myself and clean the contacts at the end of the ribbon cable(s?) and see if that's the problem. I am finding it difficult to find instruction on getting at the bottom of the touch panel and if I'm unsuccessful I'll hire the tech to come around and do that while I watch (so I know how it's done), then go away while I clean the ribbon contacts and put the thing back together by myself. He was reluctant to provide any information as to how to get at the circuit boards, saying he 'was not my teacher', so I didn't press it.

ginny20 thanked rdawkins16
  • Amanda Jarnagin

I rarely used mine and never used the self clean function. I just think it’s an expensive piece of junk that is clearly a manufacturing defect. What a shame. My oven is built in so I’m not sure I can change it without recutting the area. 🤔 Anyway...
    I’ll never EVER buy this brand again.

• lisafphelps1962

I, too, will chime in on the disgust of this brand. Like you all, that very infamous code F14 has reared its ugly head on my oven multiple times...that was installed in...2010! I won’t even get started with the dishwasher...that has been “repaired” so many times until we just said forget this piece of crap. I will be the owner of a new Bosch dishwasher tomorrow! Never ever another Electrolux product in my home!

• rdawkins16

When we got our Electrolux we also got a Blomberg dishwasher on the advice of the salesman who said they were made in Turkey in a factory set up by Bosch and that they were re-badged Bosches. We have had zero problems with it and it does a great job, but was half the price of the Bosch.

• A.J J.

Lisa... I have a Bosch induction stovetop and I absolutely love it. I'll probably get a Bosch dishwasher for my next one too.

• rdawkins16

Update: After being stymied trying to get at the circuit boards to clean the contacts I thought it was worth paying the service tech to do that, the idea being that if it worked—fine, I would have saved up to $2000 for the (questionable) fix, and if it didn't I would be out $140, not $2000. It didn't work so I had to buy another range and pay to have the Electrolux dumped. So wasteful, dumping a perfectly good looking expensive appliance because of the cost of a single small part. No thanks, Electrolux—you should have redeemed yourselves by offering the parts for this model at your cost. We bought a Samsung based on the excellent reliability reported on them. It doesn't have rolling racks or two timers (which we found handy), but the oven comes up to temperature over twice as fast (400º in 9 minutes, vs over 20 minutes), the thermostat for the oven is adjustable ±30º (!) the burners are much quieter as is the fan.

We'll see, but so far so good. One downside of the Samsung is the markings on the knobs and surrounding the knobs are just painted on a smooth surface instead of etched in, so I am wary of wiping them off when cleaning; I don't like that look!

• Amanda Jarnagin

Great info! So did the Samsung fit where the Electrolux was or did you have to adjust the space?

• rdawkins16

There were notches in the edge of the counter where the Elctrolux was mounted that were needed, apparently, (I can't remember) for the Electrolux slide-in. These still show and my short term (possibly permanent) solution is to paint he exposed MDF of the counter black so it is less visible. You don't really notice it anyway; it's about an inch by an inch.

Apart from that it fits the original cut out in the counter perfectly. One thing to note is that, unlike the Electrolux, the rear feet of the Samsung are not adjustable from the front so the range might have to be slid out a couple of times to get the height of the rear part of the top correct, which is important to prevent food and spills from going under the glass top.

Also, the power plug is in a similar location, so that fits.

• Beth Putnam

I bought an LG to replace my crappy Electrolux and it was also 3/8" too big. I am going to have to pay BIG bucks to make the setting accept the new oven. Where do I sign up for the class action suit?

• Amanda Jarnagin

That’s awful Beth. I’d like to know how to do a class action as well. This thing is an expensive nightmare.

I too have the F14 error code, tried the connectors but still getting code. I'm all in for class action law suit against electroluxe

• Beth Putnam

I still do no have an oven replacement installed. I can't let anyone in my home due to the Covid-19 thing and I am at risk! I have been limping along with a toaster oven. YUCK! Someone call a lawyer!

• Amanda Jarnagin

I’ve been doing the same, Beth but will have to break down and pay for it to be repaired for the holidays. We’ve got a great Convection Toaster Oven that works very well and has quite a bit of space for a typical dinner.

• likestonehomes

EEEgads, I just bought Frigidaire double wall ovens, not yet installed. This won’t be fun, it seems. My Frigidare induction cooktop used 2x just repaired this morning, potentiometer Replaced, Bought the warranty and will buy one for the wall ovens. .

• Roberta Penna

Same problem here!! no ovens since early October...hard to get repairman during Covid..... had 2 parts replaced and now need the 1100 dollar part! Remodeled in 2012 and thought we bought the best to last. and boy did we get fooled! Now trying to decide on the new part or new double ovens...so disgusted and yes I think us F14 folks need a class action suit sooner than later. had to outsource Thanksgiving and now Christmas looks dismal too. And our Electrolux Dishwasher door broke a hinge....paid to get it fixed and it broke again, now it lands on the floor....so sad that there are no dependable products anymore.

• Hillel Seltzer

Wow. Looks like a whole Electrolux F14 error club here. I have an Electrolux slide-in induction range. The keypad now produces an F14 error whenever any button affecting the oven is pressed. However, the induction controls on the other side of the same keypad work just fine. Here are two more data points just to make it more weird: The clock is still working, but pressing the "user pref" button to set the clock also results in an F14 error. Pressing the control lock button only results in an F14 error after the three seconds that it would normally take to trigger the lock. You would think that if the touchpad had really failed, then it would trigger the error right away instead of after 3 seconds.

• Beth Putnam

On my wall oven: clock still works, the F14 showed up about 3-5 seconds into the preheat phase. Really bad motherboards, here and Electrolux will not own up to it.

• rdawkins16

For those contemplating replacing their Electrolux with a Samsung model NE63T8311SS/AC, know this (in comparison with the Electrolux):

Samsung pros:

• good reputation for reliability

• quieter cooling fan

• much faster oven warm up to temp—over twice as fast

• less noise from elements while heating

• perfectly accurate oven temp (measured with oven thermometer inside), but the temp is adjustable if yours isn't accurate!

• blue fake flames are handy sometimes to indicate element on

Samsung cons:

• slower heating on most powerful element

• inadequate control of simmer temperatures 'LO' is too low, as is '1'. '2' is also too low most of the time, but '3' is too high. It needs the fineness of control the Electrolux had; 1.2, 1.4, 1.6 and 2, 2.5 and 3. Also, irrational control at the high temp end: if max heating is wanted, you select top level and it shows 'P'. Once the liquid boils and you try to go one down, it goes straight to '8', but if you turn it up a notch it shows '9'. The only way to get '9' is going up from '8'??

• cheaper feel to the doors (especially lower drawer) and racks, no rolling racks—they were nice

• less rational arrangement of the elements and choice of sizes; the Electrolux was better

• only one timer. The two in the Electrolux were often handy

Conclusion: if the Electrolux had been more reliable, it would out-class the Samsung substantially, except for the agonizingly slow oven heating and the noisy elements and fans.

• A.J J.

Great info rdawkins. Thank you. Was the size the same as the Electorlux? Mine is built-in and it'd be nice to not have to recut the space.

• rdawkins16

Yes the size of the cutout is basically the same as needed for the Electrolux. The only difference is the two notches in the front of the cut out area needed for the Electrolux are not needed for the Samsung. See my comment above (2 months ago) for more details.