Software
Houzz Logo Print
mrsti

Sofa brand that will keep its shape: Please help

8 years ago

I'm looking to replace two 16 year old EJ Victor sofas. Great frame but cushions are beginning to show their wear. I am looking to purchase a sectional that will hold up to a rambunctious family of grandkids and pets. My kids allow their dogs on sofas and it's been a struggle to keep them off mine. It's just not working and I don't want to police the family.

My criteria has been to find similar build quality to EJV, a crypton fabric (otherwise I'm getting plastic slip covers for when they visit:) Comfort cushions that don't bunch, wrinkle and lose their shape. Fabric that doesn't pill! Bottom line budget including tax and delivery about $8k but would reluctantly go higher if I'm being unrealistic.

I've ruled out various companies due to sloppy look in the stores. I'm sorry if I offend anyone but Lee, CR Laine, Bernhardt, Stickley seem to have issues in the showroom. Wrinkly fabric, cushions popping up and fear they will not hold up to my usage.

I like a comfortable tailored look that doesn't require a lot of plumping. I've been told that the firmer cushions and thick tight fabric will alleviate this. I can't understand this. I have pieces of upholstery in my home that are 16 - 20 years old and do not do this. I have a Century chair that is 23 years old and still holds its shape in a chenille fabric. I have washed my EJV cushion covers in my front loader with no issues at all.

I can't find a lot of reviews on additional companies I'm considering and would like to ask for some insight on the brands.

I plan on looking into Century, Taylor King, Wesley Hall, Huntington House, and Vanguard. I already know I can't afford a Century sectional in my size requirements but can swing two sofas instead. I really like the feel of Century spring down cushions.

Out of the brands mentioned which is the best choice for my budget and use keeping in mind that I need to carefully select my fabric?

I have a long history of furniture purchases being a grandparent and know they don't make things like they used to which makes this decision very difficult. Hope someone can help.

Sorry so long,

and thanks.

TM


Comments (9)