Software
Houzz Logo Print
meganlariv

backsplash ideas?

8 years ago
Hi!

Looking for backsplash color ideas for our small kitchen. Something that will brighten up the place.

Should we take the tile all the way up the side wall on the left hand side of the countertop?

Looking to add a fun, modern touch of tile.

Thanks for the help!

Comments (10)

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    is that the only spot? is the 4" piece removable? You really should take that down. between that and the high stove back, you would barely see anything.

    as for the side, some people like it, others hate it. that's a personal choice. If you took down the 4" piece, I could you doing the side w/something cool.

    How about a glass tile? I'll throw a bunch out here, you see if you like any of them

    (this comes in many diff colors)

    copper tiles.

    stainless steel.

    slate/glass and a ceramic hex.

  • 8 years ago
    Thanks Beth! I would have never thought to remove the 4” granite in the back.

    So to clarify, you think it would look good going up the side wall to the left or not?

    I LOVE the mirrored tile you sent.
  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    yes,,that 4" piece really makes a diff when removed.

    as for the side spot, some say yes, others no. it's a personal choice. I don't mind it. my friend did it on her kitchen

    they have these antique mirrors here

    copy-of-3-x-9-bliss-beveled-glass-smoke-on-sale-10-79-per-square-foot

    or this shape

    marble and glass or mirror

    black quartzite and mirror. (love these) tilebar.com

  • 8 years ago
    Wow, thank you! That’s perfect. Exactly the help I was looking for. Thanks so much!
  • 8 years ago

    post an update pic when done!

  • PRO
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Would you consider a metal backsplash for your kitchen? Stainless steel or aluminum backsplashes brighten up kitchen space and may add a touch of color and modern character to your kitchen, depending on the tile you select. We invite you to check out these kitchens and our selection of tiles to give you some ideas.



    We are a premium online supplier of metal mosaic tiles
    for backsplash and other wall applications. If you are looking for ideas, feel
    free to browse our customer installations for metal backsplash ideas:

    http://www.houzz.com/projects/72838/eden-mosaic-tile-installations

    You can also check out our Houzz store at:

    https://www.houzz.com/pro/edenmosaictile/eden-mosaic-tile

    We offer the possibility to receive samples.

    Good luck with your backsplash design!

  • 7 years ago
    We’re finally getting around to the kitchen backsplash. We plan to remove the 4” granite on the wall.

    For tile, I’ve heard going with a larger pattern and a lighter color would help make the kitchen look bigger. Any thoughts if we’re trying to make the space look bigger? I like white, but is it too much of a contrast with all the other colors?

    Thanks so much!
  • 7 years ago

    Megan,,,white would be too much of a contrast. you really don't have much room from anything. I'd prob try something in a polished glass or a glossy ceramic w/some color. maybe a sage or blue, or even a taupe/tan color to play off the cabinets.

    but, it's a small area w/solid black counter. do something a little bold.

    or, I love a black and white


    black basalt tile w/white grout


    mirrored subways would certainly bounce around some light.


    Heck, even these cool glossy black glazed terra cotta tile would look great. It's a very small area. no backsplash is going to make it look bigger!

    or, the lighter options


  • 7 years ago

    also, you could try a diff layout. something like this might look nice (although not a stark white). if you do want white, consider putting in some frosted glass door fronts.