0
cheryl_smith6375110

new home help with landscape.

Cheryl Smith
last modified: November 10, 2017

we will be moving into this home around the beginning of December. love the house but it is lacking interest. everything is no maintenance, siding and trim. So color is what it is, I'm not wanting to paint. since we live in Montana and there is already snow on the ground nothing will be done till spring. but I wanted to get everyones input and ideas to make it more visually appealing. its a little boring now. I'm thinking maybe some stonework on the house. love a circle drive but the circle inside it looks terrible and unfinished.

• Cheryl Smith
    Please help. Anyone?
  • sillycannoli
    How about a bird bath surrounded by wild flowers? Or a more formal arrangement? If it were me though, I would replace all the grass with a garden bed. Put in small trees like a Japanese maple, put in some shrubs like hydrangeas, some perennials like catmint, coneflowers, black-eyed susan
  • Rawketgrl

Remove the plants in the gravel circle and add some large hardscape rocks. Rework the size and shape of the circle to give that area some depth and interest. Once the hardscape is done then you can add some hearty plants that are local to your area for lower maintenance.

As far as the house is concerned I think if you work with a landscape pro and make a plan for the entire area you wont need to do much if anything to the house.

• bellburgmaggie
    Can we get a better photo? This one is really fuzzy.
  • leslieap10

I'd think maybe something with red or purple foilage- redbuds, bayberries, Japanese maples, ornamental plums... and some winter color if it works in your region. Beauty berries are really nice. A couple boulders and a little mulch for contrast could look really nice.

Southwest Boulder & Stone

You could add a stone veneer just to one or two of the front sections of the house. Natural thin veneer is real stone but is thin enough to add on top of a pre-existing surface without needing to think about reinforcing it. This will give you an idea of what's available - there should be a supplier near you that sells similar products: Natural Thin Veneer

Cheryl Smith thanked Southwest Boulder & Stone
  • Cheryl Smith

Southwest Boulder & Stone thanks I was actually thinking of that and will check into it

• sillycannoli
    I wouldn't mix stone with brick. I think your house looks great as it is - I would focus on the landscaping.