Software
Houzz Logo Print
jbhetman_94

do you see a glitch?

8 years ago
I don't want to mention it bc if no one sees it, then I don't care.

so don't look at window, nor backsplash, nor upper cabinets. focus on end past sink to dishwasher. if you don't see what I see, good. I'll post what i see shortly after this.

Comments (25)

  • 8 years ago

    nope.

  • 8 years ago
    what I see.....the end panel lines up with cabinet, not doors or drawers. so the end panel is recessed in the depth of the doors from opposite side of sink
  • 8 years ago

    No idea what you're talking about.

  • 8 years ago

    Now that you've pointed it out, yes, I can see it. But I don't think it would bother me unless it exposes the dishwasher door seam.

    Can you have a narrow strip of wood added on top of the panel that is the same depth as a cabinet door?

  • 8 years ago
    the door shows on that side, but not the seem of the dishwasher. If it isn't noticeable, my plan was to leave it. I did think of an added strip like you mentioned, but again if I'm the only one who sees it, I wasn't going to bother. so do you think most people would never notice?
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    I can't see anything, but then I had a titanium screw put in my jaw this morning and I'm under the influence of narcotics and alcohol.

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    narco and alcohol joseph? washing down the Percs w/a beer? lol.

    bh,,from the angle you're posting the pic,,it's hard to see. take a pic from straight on

  • 8 years ago
    you're missing an outlet cover!

    what do I win?
  • 8 years ago

    if i take the pic straight on you won't see what i'm talking about. you need to see it at an angle. zoom in on the dishwasher end panel, it is recessed in an inch or so from the side of the dishwasher by the sink. i guess if no one really can see it, it isn't a big deal then.

  • 8 years ago

    funny on Nor's comment (haha) .

  • 8 years ago
    I think that answered your question, no one really noticed, so don't worry and I've only had one glass of bubbles
  • 8 years ago
    I'm super sensitive to things not being lined up/symmetrical and even I didn't notice until you pointed it out. I think if it doesn't bother you you're good.
  • 8 years ago

    THANKS ALOT CAC546! AND GREAT IDEA ACM! I WILL DO JUST THAT!

  • 8 years ago

    Hi!

    Not noticable.

    CheerS!

  • 8 years ago

    Can`t see anything either, but i`m on my 4th glass of wine.

  • 8 years ago

    sober...don't see anything!

  • 8 years ago

    Party at Angel and Joseph's place!

    I didn't notice it either, but I'd modify acm's suggestion if it ends up bugging you. Slide it forward, but instead of filling the gap with wall-colored quarter round, get a piece of wood that matches the cabinets and is as thick and wide as the reveal in the door frames (say, 2" x 1/4"), and apply that. It will look more like the cabinets were meant to be like that. Wanna get real OCD about it? Run the 1/4" wood around the whole piece and make it look just like the door frames.

    Can you get wood from the cabinet maker? I'd do it now to ensure a match. Keep it in storage.

  • 8 years ago
    I'm pretty high right now at 11,500 feet and see it. It would drive me crazy. Can you adjust the end panel?
  • 8 years ago
    I didn’t see it until you pointed it out!
  • 8 years ago
    While your picture only shows one side of the oven door it appears you have the same sort of flush finish issue for both appliances. For me it wouldn't be a problem.
  • 8 years ago

    Well, you’ve told us but I still don’t see it. No bubbly here either.

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    If it bothers you, you do a filler overlay. You don’t mess with the panel. The cure is worse than the disease because that’s not a 3” panel. You will have to rip it and deal with an unfinished edge.

    Put your money and effort in proper decorative end panels, and shorter wall cabinets so you can use crown molding that should have been factored in, and a proper cabinet to the left of the range so it isn’t a safety hazard. That’s the first things I noticed.

  • PRO
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Yes the dishwasher panel is as it is supposed to be and as a professional would do it. The height of the wall cabinets and the angled cabinet left of the range professionals would consider as mistakes. And in the case of the angled cabinet actually dangerous.

  • 8 years ago
    Sink needs a faucet.