Software
Houzz Logo Print
michael_deluca4598238

Should I tile the tub celling?

8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I have a box and a few tiles extra that are non-refundable nor exchangeable. Tile installer said he can tile the ceiling free of charge. I will have a sliding glass door on the tub, with only 5" or 6" gap to the ceiling, and the fan is outside of the tub enclosure. Should I tile the ceiling (with the same tile) or just paint it (white).


I'm concerned about mold or condensation from the poor ventilation in the tub enclosure, but at the same time, I'm concerned that the tiled dark ceiling will make my already low 7.5 feet ceilings feel even smaller.


Note: fixtures aren't in yet, but there will be a spout, 1 thermostatic valve, 3 flow valves/diverters, a 14" arm rainhead, and a handheld rainhead.



Comments (12)