Software
Houzz Logo Print
destebb

Refinished Counter tops- DIY

13 years ago
Attached are the pictures of my counter tops. They were a dated green marble look. After seeing a DIY paint your counter tops, this is what they look like now.

Comments (11)

  • 13 years ago
    Great job!
  • 13 years ago
    Thank You. :) I will be adding more Polyurethane to make it shine a lil more, but I like it much better than the green.
  • 13 years ago
    Wow! Spectacular transformation!
  • 13 years ago
    Amazing! Great job!
  • 13 years ago
    Nice update.
  • 13 years ago
    Looks great - what did you use to paint them? Did you do the textured look on your own? Very impressive. If I attempted this, it would look a mess.
  • 13 years ago
    Kelly, it is very simple to do. I used 2 coats of Primer, 2 coats of Black Countertop paint, various craft paints with a sponge and polyurethane for floors. I am the least crafty person you will ever meet, my 15 year old son even helped some. I will attach in order pictures so you can see the progress. :)
  • 13 years ago
    Well... The site is not letting me post additional pictures, if you would like to step by step, including colors used, I posted it on FB for my mom. My name is Diane Stebbins. Friend request with comment countertop review. ;)
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Looking good, how do they look from your side of the camera?
  • 13 years ago
    They look really good. I'm still working on them. (Ive had a crazy month work wise and haven't had time to work on them).

    The after picture has only one coat of poly.... I have been lightly sanding and will add 1 to 2 more coats of poly to get a high gloss. I will update when I'm done.