bbcox57

What does this master bedroom wall need??

Becky Cox

It has a built-in at one end and I'm just not sure if the mirror and picture works. It's a big wall so it needs a big picture, right?? But the picture wasn't enough so I got the mirror. I use the mirror when I get dressed, and I like the shape of the mirror. But the mirror and just the picture looked silly so I added the two things next to the mirror. Still not sure it's "right." @Julie??

Home Interiors with Ease

If you have 8” than you can extend rod......so extend rod with finial 8” on both sides of window...check price compared to lucite and gold rod from Ballard designs too!

• Becky Cox

They were the same price. I went with the Lexington from Anthropology because it was not a fixed size. It was adjustable. I would have had to order the 4' from Ballard and didn't know if that was too long. Both rods are very pretty.

• Becky Cox

Just checked Ballard website again and the lucite and gold were on sale. I ordered them in 4' to see which ones I like best. Thanks!

Home Interiors with Ease

Perfect!.....how wide are the windows?

• Becky Cox

32". Art came today. LOVE IT!

• Gcubed

....

Home Interiors with Ease

That’s great! .....I love that art work.......a 4’ rod will be perfect...32” window....add 8”.. on each side That is 16”....so 32”+16”=48 that’s 4’

• Becky Cox

Re the rug, should it come up to almost the edge of the nightstands? Have a great Saturday!

Home Interiors with Ease

Becky about 12” from front of NS...looks like about half of what you had before...

• Becky Cox

Ok, that looks so good--much better. Thanks, Julie!

• Becky Cox

Curtains came yesterday. Very pretty! Waiting on the rods. Here are the new, lighter euro shams. Swoon!

• Becky Cox

More pics

• Becky Cox

Why do white lampshades turn yellow when they are on? Wrong bulb?

• njmomma

The lighter pillows on the headboard looks great! Really makes the headboard standout. Can't wait to see the sheers go up.

Becky Cox thanked njmomma
    Home Interiors with Ease

Becky..that looks so fabulous!! When I saw the post I got goosebumps!! I want to jump in and take a nap... it make such a big difference..girl..I will never do you wrong:)

Home Interiors with Ease

For your lamps..get GE LED “Daylight” bulbs it is so much better!..should help.

• Becky Cox

Thank you! I got the shams at Pottery Barn. They are Belgian Flax Linen in "natural." I thought I wanted cream or ivory but they had a bed made up w/my bedding and this is what they used. And YES, I know you won't. You are the BEST! :) Do you still think the bed should be moved? It's the "star" of the room where it is and the first thing you see which you get to the landing and walk towards the room. But I want the art to look good, too. The wall between the windows is 8' 10." It's shorter than the wall we were going to put the art on. And like you said, it would be pretty between the windows w/sheers on the windows. So, really, whichever wall fits the art best is probably where it should go. I can still see it on the wall w/the built-in too, though. I loved KJoy1's rendering.

Home Interiors with Ease

Now I am loving the thought of seeing that gorgeous bed when coming in the room...I say leave it..if it’s not broken don’t try to fix it!!:))) the art will be a lovely way to complete the room and you will enjoy them so much.

• Becky Cox

OK! I will just hang one panel on the windows then instead of two. I will post pics when everything is hung. Might be a couple of weeks. Vacation coming up. :)

Home Interiors with Ease

Becky still do two panels....it will look gorgeous and really look soft and luxurious!

• Becky Cox

Oh, ok. Will do.

• Becky Cox

Hey, Julie! Touching base about the pics. Hanging them Wednesday. What spacing do you suggest?

Home Interiors with Ease

No more than 3”

Home Interiors with Ease

Can’t wait to see them!!

• Becky Cox

Thanks, you know I'll post pics !Curtains going up Wednesday too.

• Becky Cox

Oh and centered on the wall or centered between the built-in and the nightstand...

Home Interiors with Ease

Between built In and nightstand..maybe tape out the middle and see if visually you like it..I think it will be good.

• Becky Cox

Julie, he is coming today. I assume I want them in a grouping and not spread out along the wall, right?

• Becky Cox

@homeinteriorswithease, thanks! Getting the curtains up today too.

Home Interiors with Ease

Can’t wait to see!!

• mary44

following

• Becky Cox

Julie, yes in a grouping of 4, right? not like this...They ar SO gorgeous!

Home Interiors with Ease

Hi Becky..right.....not in a row but stacked 2 and 2 to create a large square...I knew you would love them:) so pretty.:)

• Becky Cox

He is here. Do I want equi distance above and below?

• Becky Cox

Like these... same amount of space above and below. I think it looks good that way.

Home Interiors with Ease

The middle of all four should be around 62“ from the floor....give or take...

• Becky Cox

Ta Da!!!

• Gcubed

Your room looks lovely! I think the only thing that stands out as "odd" (and you've mentioned it above before) is that the shades look yellow when the lamps are on-- is that the lining or the light bulbs? Everything else looks "cool" in your room but the lights look warm.

• Becky Cox

Agree! Hate the yellow. Changed the bulbs to led daylight but didnt help. I think I need new shades.

• mary44

Looks beautiful ! I love following Julie she always has such great suggestions :)

Home Interiors with Ease

Wow! So elegant....The art is amazing and are a perfect fit for your room and the curtains are gorgeous!

• Griffin Nelson

I would maybe omit the large picture and put a series of smaller pictures instead!

• Becky Cox

Thanks, Julie. I still need to adjust the rug but the space feels so elegant now. I love it!

• kjoy1

Looks great:)

• shwshw

Lovely

• Kelly

Hello, chiming in to ask about your white lamps! I have the same PB bedding, different furniture, and cannot find lamps i like. Your room looks great!!

• Becky Cox

Thank you, Kelly! I have had those lamps for a while and I am pretty sure they came from TJMaxx/HomeGoods. I plan to replace the shades with pure white ones so that they don't turn yellow when they are in use. Don't you love the bedding? I have had it 3 years and still not tired of it. Changing to the lighter Euro Shams made a huge difference, though! Thanks, @homeinteriorswithease!

• Becky Cox

panoramic pics

• Wendy Perez/Zone 6b

It needs color