Software
Houzz Logo Print
johnsmag

How many inches between the top of stove and bottom of vent?

8 years ago
I am aware there are standards but this vent seems to be sitting fairly high above the stove. I like it very much and wonder if it's the case that it's sitting higher than normal does it affect the efficiency of the vent.
Kitchen and Island looking west toward drivecourt · More Info

Comments (2)

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    This range hood is 32" above the counter and is within the mfr. recommended limits. Check with your range hood manufacturer's recommendations for ideal efficiency.

  • 8 years ago
    I have a similar vent and it is 32” above the stove. The best feature is the upper shelf which has a warming light above it. Suppose that is a feature with all of these hoods and it’s worth asking about.