roseseek

2018 First Burrito results

roseseek

I didn't know what to expect with the lack of "winter" and rains. I wrapped what I wished to use for root stocks and allowed three weeks instead of the usual two, in hopes that might give them more time to develop the callus I desired. It appears to have succeeded! These are all seedlings, so they should be RMV free and safe to bud on.

Anne Belovich, a Wichurana type rambler seedling I raised which should make quite a good stock.

A Banksiae lutescens seedling. They use Banksiae whips as standard stocks in China. We also use Fortuniana here, but it demands more heat than I can provide to push scions.

(Blue for You X Lamarque) X (Lynnie X Basye's Amphidiploid 86-3) seedling. Sturdy, thick canes which root well and grow well own root. Why not?

They're all planted in bands as deeply as their length and the depth of the bands permit. I will watch for roots and top growth to determine when to raise their planting height to permit them to keep developing. Hopefully, they should be able to be budded this summer.