Software
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_carraway

wall Oven and refrigerator placement

8 years ago
I live on a bay and am totally gutting my first floor (including kitchen) to gain better views. We are taking out “most” of wall between kitchen and great room, leaving about 50 inches for 36”pantry cabinets and another 10” or so for HVAC return (the backside of the return will be placed inside narrow cabinet adjacent to pantry). I will be left with 2 other walls for all appliances, sink etc. My cabinet designer has configured the layout with the refrigerator and double wall oven to be adjacent to one another. I am concerned about this as I believe the refrigerator compressor will have to work harder due to extra heat from ovens. My designer saws it is not a problem because the appliance are insulated and self contained. I saw a VERY old post on this so thought I would get updated insight.

Comments (9)