Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peytonrose1015

Tec grout...gray for white and black bathroom...which gray??

ILoveRed
6 years ago

White subway tile..with black and white mosaics.

I ordered white grout. Realized after reading on GW that this was a bad decision and that I should use gray. Tile store cancelled grout. I have to order today.

Which gray should I order?

Is Siverado a safe choice??

thank you.

Comments (8)

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Floor tile for one bathroom. Terrible picture...I apologize. Dh took it out of box and sent it...

• gthigpen
    6 years ago

I'm reading this one my phone and the grout labels are too small to read. But it looks like Silverado is second from the bottom on the left. Here's an old pic of our guest bathroom with white and gray floor tile. We used a gray similar to Silverado. We used white grout for the white shower subway tile. My daughter's bathroom has white penny tile on the floor and I chose white grout and I regret it.

ILoveRed thanked gthigpen
  • Jackie
    6 years ago
    We are doing a black and white bath. Mapei grout (colors below).

Black in the floor (our tile is mainly white hex tiles with black Greek key), cobblestone for the white subway tile walls, iron for the shower floor.

I like the light gray for Silverado, similar to the cobblestone we are using. Provides some definition to the tile, but not a sharp contrast.

We are using Timberwolf against white subway tiles in our kitchen for further tile definition. The tiles are 4”x16” so won’t be as busy.

I think the light gray would look good.
    ILoveRed thanked Jackie
  • ILoveRed
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you guys. I really appreciate your help. My brain is fried and this decision has to be made immediately.

gthigpen....I freaked out when I realized that the white was going to be a mistake. I cancelled it just in time but they are waiting on me to call in the color so it can be ordered. Sad for you that you didn't catch it...I hate regrets. My dd did the same thing with penny tile and white grout. A sea of white. Ugh. It's still pretty but she hates it.

Gthigpen and Jackie...I see that you are using several colors of grout. I don't have that in me and I don't have a designer to advise me. I wish I did. Do you think it will be ok to choose one grout color i.e.; Silverado...and use it on all of the tile in three different bathrooms for simplicity's sake???

I have subway in two showers and in one tub surround. And the black and white on three floors and two shower floors. Here are some pics. Please advise and thank you so much for any wise words.

• Jackie
    6 years ago
    Love the cabinets. I think you are good to use the same grout for all. Found this image with light gray grout.
    I so understand decision fatigue! Right now we have a lot of rooms all being painted one of 2 colors because it’s just too much to decide.
    ILoveRed thanked Jackie
  • ILoveRed
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I wrote a long response and it's not here...very strange.

but I basically said...thanks for the pic. It cinched my decision to go with a light gray in all of the baths. I called and ordered the Silverado.

Anddd..it also said thank you for helping me make this decision. I may have reached it on my own but reached much more quickly with other posters input.

The decision fatigue also caused me to choose to paint my whole interior in ONE color. So, I understand. And the decorating forum chose that color for me ;-)

big high five for your help guys. Much appreciated.

• cpartist
    6 years ago

The Silverado should work just fine. It would be my choice with Tec grouts. It's very similar to the Custom Platinum I used.

ILoveRed thanked cpartist