Software
Houzz Logo Print
crazy_canadian

Our kitchen is finally complete!

8 years ago

After approximately 4 months, or reno is complete. What started as a kitchen, turned into the majority of the house.

Everyone on Houzz was tremendously helpful along the way. Thank you!

Here are some pics


Here is a before for reference

Comments (38)

  • 8 years ago
    Wow, what a transformation - beautiful! I love the insert above the cooktop!
  • 8 years ago
    Very pretty kitchen. Enjoy!
  • 8 years ago

    What a difference! You must be loving all that counter space and the brightness of the space.

  • 8 years ago

    Beautiful! I bet you love using it.

  • 8 years ago

    I love all that prep space to the right of the sink. Beautiful kitchen.

  • 8 years ago

    Fantastic remodel. Bright and warm, a tricky combination to get right.

  • 8 years ago

    Wow! You get an A+++++++

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Get prep space! I love lots of counterspace! Great job! Know you must be thrilled!

  • 8 years ago

    It looks wonderful! So much light and space to work! What is the flooring -- I like the color.

  • 8 years ago

    Thanks everyone for the comments. The prep space was definitely needed.

    The flooring is wire brushed engineered oak from LM flooring, it's called Gevaldo plank in weathered stone.

  • 8 years ago

    liking the ceiling light plan you did. It has a nice halo effect for the beautiful white. Haven't seen an application quite like that...did you get consultation on that?

  • 8 years ago

    Wow, 1000% improvement! Hope you enjoy your new kitchen

  • 8 years ago

    Would you please tell me about your tile and show a picture of the tile behind your stove?

  • 8 years ago

    Beautiful. Your whites work well together :)

  • 8 years ago

    Beautiful! I'm so happy for you!!

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Love your kitchen !

  • 8 years ago

    Really nice material choices. It looks great. Must be a pleasure to prepare food in!

  • 8 years ago

    Very nice! Such a big change. Just beautiful!!

  • 8 years ago

    Love it! There’s so much room to spread out compared to before where you were kind of boxed in.

    BTW: Can you tell me about the under cabinet lights you used, please? I need to replace mine, and yours look like a good color. Thanks!

  • 8 years ago

    Beautiful! Great job!!

  • 8 years ago

    I'm not exactly sure what brand or color range the lights are, but I will be sure to ask our electrician for you. They are LED strips, cut to length.

    Thanks everyone for all comments! We are very happy with the outcome!

  • 8 years ago
    It's a lovely, and calming space that looks very well done... bravo!!!
  • 8 years ago

    Love the redo and the fact that you got the artwork onto the fridge right away....

  • 8 years ago

    Gorgeous!! Can you give the specifics regarding your cabinets?

  • 8 years ago

    Our cabinets were built by a local cabinet maker. They have been painted in Oxford White.

  • 8 years ago
    beautiful, congratulations! love the new layout!
  • 8 years ago

    Beautiful I love it!! Really nice job!!

  • 8 years ago

    Huge improvement! What a beautiful kitchen! I love all the lighting - a well-lit kitchen is such a must - great job! I love the feature tile above your range : )

  • 8 years ago

    So beautiful, congratulations!!!

  • 8 years ago

    Wow! What an improvement! You have such a nice, bright space now. Lots of prep space, too. I really like your glass door cabinet.

  • 8 years ago

    That is beautiful!

  • 8 years ago

    Very pretty kitchen! I like the Cambria countertops. I also like the accent behind the stove. Nice job.

  • 8 years ago

    Beautiful! The layout is so much more functional, well done.

  • 8 years ago

    FANTASTIC! I love your new kitchen. I have a few questions...

    1) What are your floors?

    2) What are your countertops

    3) I love your hood, did that come with your cabinetry or was that a special order?

    4) What kind of cabinetry did you use? They look really beautiful are they painted wood?

    5) What size can lights?

    6) Did you use a KD or a cabinet designer? What about a GC? How long did you plan this reno?

    7) If you did this again, what would you do differently? What do you love about the process? What did you dislike? What do you wish you knew today that you didn't when you started?


    Thank you. Love your kitchen, it is a dream and I hope mine can looks half as pretty.


  • 8 years ago

    1) Our floors are LM flooring Gevaldo in weathered stone.

    2) Our counters are Cambria Swanbridge.

    3) The hood cabinetry was built by the cabinet makers. The hood itself was actually purchased through Costco, it's the Ancona Pro insert.

    4) The cabinets are wood boxes with painted MDF doors.

    5) Our lights are 4"

    6) We did not use a KD, but we did use a GC for the reno given that it touched the entire house. We had been planning this for about 3 years or so.

    7) if we did it again, I think I'd be my own GC. We weren't overly happy with giving control to someone else, and we found that our construction supervisor was too green and inexperienced. We constantly had to follow up on things that he didn't catch, and we really had to monitor the sub trades. Aside from that, we really have no regrets. I'd say the most rewarding part of the whole thing is seeing our ideas from the past three years come to life. Good luck on your reno!

  • 8 years ago

    Beautiful renovation. This must be a dream to cook in the new space, with all that countertop! I'm making note of your new layout, as I've got a similar space. Would you mind sharing how wide your new kitchen is? Thanks!

  • 8 years ago

    Our kitchen wall to wall is 9.5 feet.