Software
Houzz Logo Print
guillaume_

Brainstorming economical kitchen renos

13 years ago
I've already gotten great recommendations from the houzz community on potentially replacing the counter for my kitchen (quartz vs corian vs. granit). Thanks to everyone who contributed !

After speaking to a designer however, I realize that changing the counter-tops might not be the right priority given the low end nature of the materials used (laminate cabinates, ceramics vs porcelain, etc.). I am thus reopening the floor for suggestions on how to transform this kitchen to something more modern and contemporary.

The options I am considering so far are:
* replacing the cabinet doors to thermofoil / wood, with cabinet sidings possibly painted or re-laminated.
* having the laminate cabinets repainted (is this durable ?) or resurfaced.
* changing the backsplash / counter-top only.

I am open to all kinds of suggestions, but perhaps keep in mind that my budget is rather limited (5000$). That being said, I would rather leave it as is if you believe this is insufficient to do something worthwhile. As far as personal tastes goes, the condo will be going up for sale shortly, so yours are as good as mine :).

Thanks in advance to this great community !

Comments (6)