Software
Houzz Logo Print
terriemmons

Kitchen tile backsplash

8 years ago

Which tile looks better? Will tile all way up wall with new dark wood floating shelves. Cabinets are white. Wondering if gray will be too dark for whole wall



Comments (9)

  • 8 years ago

    white, but is hard to tell b/c he bottom photo is very dark

  • 8 years ago

    Thanks is this better?

  • 8 years ago
    If the shelves are going to be dark then for sure go with white. You could do grey grout to tie into the slab if you want.
  • 8 years ago

    yeah I still say white

  • 8 years ago

    If your floating shelves will remain white, go with the darker tile backsplash for contrast. If you are going with darker color floating shelves go with the lighter color tile.

  • 8 years ago

    Thanks so much

  • PRO
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    I agree with mountie, I think you should go with tones that would somehow go well in contrast with your countertop. I also think you should go for something light than gray to make your kitchen look a bit more brighter since it looks dark because of the shadows of the shelves. Hope that helps! Good luck :)

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    I agree with mountie and Planet Cabinets. I would try and match the backsplash with colors that are in the countertops. Definitely a light color! Excited to see what you decide!