Software
Houzz Logo Print
annquail123

Countertop help

8 years ago

I moved into this house approximately 2 years ago. It has all black solid surface in the kitchen. After trying to deal with it for two years (scratches so easily, cannot slide anything on it or it makes a new scratch) we decided to purchase granite. Granite installer came out to measure & said my cabinets are extremely out of level and he would have to take them all out, level them and then install the granite. He said if it was him he would just go with laminate because everything is so out of level and unsupported. We have decided to keep them for now because this isn't our forever home and I can polish them with Hopes and they look decent enough. I would like to replace the high bar top for something that doesn't show every single scratch & require constant polishing. & keep the current counters. What would you recommend? Wood? Quartz? I think granite might be too high of a sheen?



Comments (8)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations