Software
Houzz Logo Print
nicolepuiia

Worm Castings as Fertilizer

8 years ago

So it’s finally warm enough here that it’s not dipping below 35 at night anymore so I can start moving my plants back out to my sun room. I want to fertilize them as I move them.


i bought the worm castings because that seems like the best fertilizer for succulents. I have 2 questions before I start!


1. Which is better? Worm tea or just sprinkling the castings on top then watering them? I have seen it done both ways but I want whichever will be best for them. If it’s the tea, how much castings to water and how long do you let them soak as well as how much you pour into each plant. Just water until soaked like normal but with the tea? If I do the sprinkle method, how much do I sprinkle on each plant? Can I sprinkle too much?


2. Temperature. Does it matter how warm it is? It’s currently about 50-70 highs (mostly towards 55-65) and 35-45 lows (Mostly around 40). Should be no lower than 40 for the next 10 days. Should I wait until it’s warmer or should it be fine to do it now?


Thank you!

Sponsored
AIS Renovations
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County, Ohio