Software
Houzz Logo Print
knoxrosetn

Is May 9 too early for roses at Biltmore?

8 years ago

Hello all! We are about to embark on a short trip to Asheville to see a concert, but since we were going to be in the area I was really hoping that we could also make a stop at Biltmore to see the gorgeous gardens before we come back home. I live about 2 hours east of Asheville in Knoxville and my roses are just starting to burst into bloom so I'm hoping they would have some blooming as well, however I know that their climate is slightly cooler than mine, & normally the best time to see roses there is around mid to late May. I went a couple of years ago around the 17th of May and things were so beautiful, it made me want to come back every year or two, however this year I wasn't able to get the vacation time that I wanted so we won't be able to return in late May as I was hoping we would.

Since it is so expensive to go to Biltmore, especially if I only want to see the garden & there is no "garden only" price, I don't want to waste the money if nothing will be in bloom when I get there... Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks so much!