Software
Houzz Logo Print
sdaigneault

Feedback on these cabinet lines + cost estimates

8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I'm collecting rough estimates for kitchen cabinets, and I'm curious to hear what folks would choose between these brands/options.

I think the Costco estimate included a bit more customization and finish upgrades, but these are all fairly comparable in terms of what I'm getting.

Wellborn Select $16,300
Local custom cabinet maker (spray painted) $16,000
Cabico Essence $13,300
Costco Tuscan Hills $17,000
Starmark / ClickCabinets $12,900

Comments (6)

  • 8 years ago

    Thanks - I'm actually waiting on an estimate for Omega (Dynasty) cabinets, and haven't heard back from the Diamond dealer - I'll reach back to them.

    Kraftmaid I think I saw at Home Depot and was not really impressed. Is the Home Depot Kraftmaid different than Kraftmaid at a kitchen design store?

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Local cabinets are always going to provide you with better service, option and pricing. They want you work and are there to fix thing when little mistakes come up.


    No big box dealer is going to care about the cabinet once it ships out.

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    I agree with Sophie, not a big fan of your choices either. Are you wanting a builder/budget line or a mid-range?

    My store offers Shiloh, Showplace, Medallion and KraftMaid for our mid-range lines. I think they're all great choices :-) I guide my clients to whichever cabinet line suits their needs best:

    For budget shaker full overlay: Medallion Silverline Lancaster (they even have a no upcharge finish that looks just like paint!)

    For inset cabinets, Shiloh is the clear winner...then Showplace comes in second. However, if homeowner wants a more vintage look with exposed hinges, then Showplace.

    If a homeowner wants a matte finish, Showplace offers matte paint and matte stains.

    If the homeowner wants distressed, Shiloh doesn't charge for distressing and glazing.

    If they want frameless (Shiloh Eclipse, then SP EVO---but upgrade the drawers)

    Raised panel full overlay? Medallion Gold Series!

    If they want a wood hood, Shiloh offers a lot of gorgeous wood hoods and INCLUDES a liner for you.

    If you want a unique island leg, Shiloh offers about 35 island leg designs.

    Custom color? Kraftmaid has the cheapest custom paint program. If they want a soft matte buttery painted finish but not too matte paint where it looks chalky? Kraftmaid's suede paint sheen is STUNNING!

    KraftMaid also offers their Vantage all wood series with wood veneer interiors....it's very nice!!!! And when they have it on sale, it's a no brainer!

    The Kraftmaid displays at the box stores always look awful. Installed awful...and they get such abuse on a daily basis. My displays...even the ones that are 20 years old still look brand new.

    A good KD that knows their cabinet lines, can lead you to the right product for you and get you the best price.

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    @The Kitchen Place, would you recommend plywood upgrade for Eclipse cabinets to your clients? What about the drawer upgrade?

  • 3 years ago

    Who did you go with ?