Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaemoe

Stuck and need your help

K Moe
5 years ago
I am not sure where to go from here. I love the bedding, headboard and dresser (maybe change hardware?) Would like advice on window treatments, paint, throw pillows, above headboard area? Should I ditch the mirror, shelf, couch or bench? Replacement ideas? Furniture placement? Thanks!

Comments (36)

• RaiKai
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I really like your headboard!

I think you should pick up on that teal tray and add some throw pillows or a cozy blanket in same color. I like monochromatic schemes but I think all the gray could benefit from a bit of colour to add contrast. I think the windows could do with some sheets to soften their lines a little.

• K Moe
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thank you! I appreciate the feedback. I do love the color of the tray. What did you mean by sheets?
  • P Banos
    5 years ago

Alpaca Blend Throw, Teal · More Info
    Toss a blue throw on the chair.

Or replace a couple of your grey pillows:

Cotton Pillow, Flower Print and Off White PomPom Trim · More Info

Rainy Throw Pillow, Blue and Yellow · More Info

• groveraxle
    5 years ago

Mirror is too long, TV console is too short, lamps need to be taller as well.

• einportlandor
    5 years ago

Can you swap the dresser and console table? Might feel less crowded on the dresser side.

• housegal200
    5 years ago

Patterned curtains in teal and gray.

tania floral room darkening-wp-blue/gray-pair-52x84 · More Info
    Skyscapes in teal and gray over the bed:

"Kiss" Original Artwork By Nathan Rhoads · More Info

• suezbell
    5 years ago

Can you match your dresser and replace your console table with another one?

Can you match the small lamp table for the other side of the bed and move the larger bedside cabinet as a side table for the sofa?

You could use the two small dark stools/tables/plant stands (one now in the corner and the other next to the sofa) to a place in front of the windows and, after adding glass tops to protect the stool/table, add living plants? Snake plants require little care.

• K Moe
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    @tatts - agreed - I just got the bedding and headboard and trying to get ideas to move forward and add flavor. It's only been 3 days.
  • K Moe
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thank you for the ideas - will try it out! And I am on the hunt for pillows and a throw. :)
  • K Moe
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Suez- would white and larger size be better for table under TV? I don't have a match.
  • K Moe
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Housegal - Love the curtains. I was thinking solid color but may go for a pattern. Thx!
  • K Moe
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Grover- you're my hero!!! Yeah! LOVE! How the heck do u do that?? Any suggestions on the corner with the couch and the TV?? THANK YOU SO MUCH!
  • suezbell
    5 years ago

Have you considered hanging your mirror vertically, perhaps to the right of the tv and console? and/or painting the frame white or at least a less dark color.

The console you have works with the tv but, by contrast, is very dark with the other furnishings so draws attention to that wall as the focal point of the room.

As usual -- liking the suggestions from groveraxle.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    5 years ago

i would place the dresser under the TV to free up the area on either side of the bed.

I would recommend larger nightstands and lamps for either side of the bed. Look for nightstand that are the height of the mattress and at least 30" wide. Lamps should be 27" tall at the least.

• decoenthusiaste
    5 years ago

• K Moe
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Bev and Suez thank you for your suggestions! I didn't know about the nightstands being larger. Also if the dresser goes under the TV - should the couch be moved (where?) or removed? THANK YOU AGAIN!
  • everdebz
    5 years ago

I think that big black tv is fine with black table under it. They keep company. But as grover did -- a beautiful mirror would be great over dresser... focusing on bed wall, and that wall...

• Laura Villar
    5 years ago

following

• everdebz
    5 years ago

Sometimes I've heard that opposite areas can be balanced out, and look good in that way.... as in, your dark tv wall, and "bed-heavy" wall.

• K Moe
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Anyone have a thought on the small sofa I have in the corner. Thinking i should return it and find a pair of chairs or one large chair with ottoman. Hubby likes it but only because I will have him load it back in the truck lol
  • User
    5 years ago

I would put the dresser under the tv. Then you can get 2 substantial nightstands that center under the windows.

I see you have silver hardware, so gold wouldn't be my choice in here for accents...

• groveraxle
    5 years ago

Your sofa already looks too crowded in the corner, so I would get rid of it there. A chair if you would use it...

Otherwise, a big plant perhaps:

• P Banos
    5 years ago

Agree with groveraxle, of course. I like a chair in the bedroom, but mine has footstool in front and lamp behind, and I sit there to read or sew.

Do you actually sit there? If not, clear the space. If you do, get a smaller chair. Either way, I would return the wide chair if it is possible!

Accent Chair, Teal · More Info

150W 3 Way Mini Arc Floor Lamp, Brushed Steel, 4.30" · More Info

• User
    5 years ago

I like a chair in the bedroom...agreed it sometimes is just a place to throw your clothes, but I've "hidden" in my bedroom many times when the family is too much...

• K Moe
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    We definitely use a chair in our bedroom. we just bought it last week but I'm not feeling it. Although it is really comfortable. Going to search for a comfy chair. TY everyone! :)
  • einportlandor
    5 years ago

Every bedroom chair I've ever owned wound up as a dumping ground for dirty clothes waiting to be laundered, clean clothes waiting to be put away, or bed clothes waiting to be worn. Or books.

• User
    5 years ago

Teal is such a great match with grey. That is the combo I did in my own bedrrom.

• Yayagal
    5 years ago

Yes to removing the sofa as your new drapes could never hang properly. Go for a very comfy and soft feeling one. I like the aqua but I'd like a softer shade of it.

• K Moe
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thoughts? Lamps, pic, mirror. Sofa went back- yeah! On the hunt for a chair. Still stuck on curtains and throw pillows- those are old ones I had already. Any constructive criticism is always appreciated as I dont really know what I'm doing hahaa
  • Chelsey Hilsdon
    5 years ago
    Some gray curtains
  • groveraxle
    5 years ago

I think the mirror could be bigger and bolder, but I ADORE your new lamps!

• K Moe
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    TY! The mirror was a free bee so I love it! lol it seems larger in person, it does look a little small in the photo
  • groveraxle
    5 years ago

Try switching the dresser and the console table. The mirror may work better then and the dresser will provide more grounding for the TV. Curtains will make the room feel more finished.

• Yayagal
    5 years ago

It looks wonderful.

• Laura Hill
    5 years ago
    Following...
Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES