I'm remodeling the upstairs attic to make a master suite but the stairway is steep and claustrophobic.
I've removed the doorway and opened up the headroom space so the natural light from the windows will illuminate down into the stairway. I'm going to replace the short walls around the the opening with banister and I have considered re-doing the stairs so the rise isn't so high but I lose my headroom again.
I've considered removing the side walls to open up the space but the stairs are squeezes in between the kitchen and a bedroom and one wall is bearing.
Any ideas what more I can do to make the area not feel so claustrophobic and make it feel right for the entrance to the master suite?
User
Related Professionals
Taunton Home Remodeling · Boston General Contractors · Bennington General Contractors · Dallas Bathroom Remodelers · Newark Bathroom Remodelers · Coeur d'Alene Kitchen Remodelers · Cedar Rapids Bathroom Remodelers · Portsmouth Interior Designers & Decorators · Plattsburgh Interior Designers & Decorators · Victoria Interior Designers & Decorators · Myrtle Beach Home Remodeling · San Luis Obispo Home Remodeling · Hot Springs Flooring Contractors · Crestview Flooring Contractors · Tupelo Flooring Contractors