danilynn7217

Need HELP choosing Provenza vinyl floor...

Danielle O'Connor
It's been eight long months trying to find the most naturalistic vinyl floor that would be like an European Oak to go with my coastal house...please vote on which one!! thx...

Note: There are only two but I'm showing two views...vote for either one in side view
"Sweet Talker" side view
"Sweet Talker" front view
"At Ease" side view
"At Ease" front view

• savvyla

Sorry for this repeat question but does anyone have pics of Provenza Sweet Talker on stairs? Or any Provenza color on stairs would do? I want to see the bullnose up close that everyone is referring to. Or alternative options to the bullnose. Thank you!

• catnant

Though I didn’t comment over the months. This thread was so helpful. We ended up with finally mine and they were just installed last week. We absolutely love everything about them.
    Question for all of you... how are you all cleaning them. Even after covering during Reno they are so dusty. They need a good cleaning and also wondering what you do for daily/weekly cleaning. Thx

• chancielouise

Would love advice on installation of Sweet Talker. Our crew began installation on Friday and I was giddy to see how it looks, however I’m really disappointed in how it’s being laid. Maybe I’m out of touch with what’s in vogue these days so I need feedback from this awesome community. The installers are creating a pattern of distant h joints (every two boards not every other) and it’s all I see when I look at my floors. We asked for random stagger to mimic real hardwood floors but once finished it doesn’t looks random at all to me. Am I being too picky? Is this a trend I need to get behind or should I ask them to redo it? Will causing warping or buckling issues in the future? Thanks for any feedback!

• Sue

Did you all get an “official” warranty certificate with your Provenza? If you need to make a warranty claim who do you contact? I don’t have an issue with mine but I never got anything from the installer.

• savvyla

chancielouise - doesn't look random to me so I understand your concern. I would show your installer photos of exactly how you want the random to look and make them change it. You will be much happier in the end.

• Nena Filange

chancielouise agree with savvyla, doesn’t look random and there appears to be a “pattern” to the install. See if you can get them to change it and do the rest of the install the way you want it.

That said, I think your floor looks AWESOME, maybe my fave pics I’ve seen of Sweet Talker, and it was already my number one choice!

Congrats on your new floors, hope you love them!

• chancielouise

Thanks nena! They’re almost finished the the rest of the house and it looks awesome! I can’t wait to post more photos.

• Shalyn
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>Hello, I am in the search for the perfect flooring. I have been searching for quite some time and I really need to make a decision! The two I am looking at are Provenza LVP “Finally Mine” & “Soul Mate”. I love finally mine in darker lighting, but feel when I get it into the light it looks yellow/blonde. I wanted something more on the cooler side. Soulmate would be perfect if it lightens up & warms when put down. Does anyone have any input. Does the finally mine look yellow when down? Does it lighten up a lot or darken? Is it more warm than cool? Also does soulmate go down warmer? Or more on the cooler side & grey? Does it lighten up a bit? Please help, thank you
  • Viji Siddharth

We are looking at Jet Set. Does anyone have pictures to share? also, did you all happen to find out if it is phthalates free? We have a very allergic household and severe asthmatic kids. Has anyone seen any fading or warping? thank you

• Alexis Payne

Viji-

I have jet set. These are all photos in different lights. This was before our baseboards were installed.

• Viji Siddharth

Hi Alexis, thank you so much for sharing! Beautiful flooring! I love that it is varied plan lengths. I am so confused. It is between this and the republic SPC Denali. We are in Houston,TX. This is going in the master, guest bedroom and stairs and all of upstairs. I have ceramic tile everywhere else. Did you ever find out about phthalates?

• Viji Siddharth

the lighting makes it look more reddish. In day light, it is not reddish at all. Thank you for posting pictures in different lights.

• Viji Siddharth

Does anyone have the specs on any of the Provenza WPC? Thank you.

• Alexis Payne

Viji- Pictures are hard to capture the true color but I would say there are no red hues in any light. It’s closer to the 1st and third picture. It’s a fairly neutral floor.

• Angela Kim

Can anyone confirm that Provenza Sweet Talker is phthalate free? I know they’re Greenguard Gold Certified, but from what I know, that only addresses Voc’s. I couldn’t find anything on their site regarding phthalates.

• Viji Siddharth

This was the reply I got when I asked them on Facebook. I called them and Ms.Chavez said she doesn’t have any supporting documentation to say it is phthalates free and voc free but she knows it is. She told me it Greenguard gold certified.

• Viji Siddharth

I am exploring republic SPC flooring. Because they are phthalates free and no VOC. They also provided me the specs as soon as I asked them. Infact, it is on their website. It says on the website it is phthalates free and floor score certified. SPC is also formaldehyde free. They were very forthcoming with the information. These are my top two contenders now. Provenza MaxCore still has my heart because of the colors but since they are not telling me clearly about what I want to know, I don’t feel comfortable. I have asthmatic kids with environmental and food allergies.

• Viji Siddharth

The more I look at it, the more I love it!

• Steve B

Hi Viji, if Provenza can’t be clear on what‘s in their flooring, it’s looking like you found an excellent alternative. Your SPC samples look great. Hope everything works out :)

• Luci Lewis

Hi Viji, I like the Republic samples. Is the Westwood Beverly Glen gray or medium brown? Is it very warm in color? I haven't seen this collection at the flooring stores. The Westwood Collection must be new.

• Viji Siddharth

Hi Luci,

This is not in stores yet. I went to the republic office in Houston. I live in Houston! They showed me their new collection and let me take a plank home under my installer’s name. The 40 minutes drive paid off! I wanted to see all the colors they had and ended up picking something which I had not seen before. I love it. It is on the warmer side but not yellow! Not too brown either. Posting a few more pics. We are going ahead with this color!

• Luci Lewis

Hi Viji,

Thank you for the additional pictures. Wow! It looks great. I have been looking at flooring for a long time, and I would love that for my house. I will try to get a sample.

• Cindy Cripe

Has anyone put the Provenza Maxcore over concrete? Do you need to put down a vapor barrier?

• Viji Siddharth

Hi Cindy, my friend got the Provenza MaxCore on Concrete very recently. No vapor barrier was put.

• Cindy Cripe

Thanks for your input Viji!

• Shannon

@Viji Siddharth

did you end up getting Republic LVP? If so are you happy with it? I’m looking at the Beverly Glenn.

• Viji Siddharth

We have ordered it. It is for our new home. We are closing tomorrow. Our flooring guys start working on it on Monday. I am excited!

• Shannon

Congratulations ! I’d love to see a picture after it’s installed?

• Viji Siddharth

Thank you!! I will post the pics once they are done.

• Viji Siddharth

Exciting times!! Eeeeeek can’t wait for tomorrow!! Our flooring will start coming together tomorrow. They removed the carpet, prepped and leveled the floor today .

• Viji Siddharth

Work has started! It will get done by Friday. I will post photo of the stairs once it is done.

• Viji Siddharth

We got white shoe molding and risers.

• Viji Siddharth

One big benefit of republic spc is the stair nose is flush and wider than most of the other brands. It is almost 5 inches.

• Nancy

Has anyone here used the uptown chic? We are interested in the Jazz Singer colorIMG_4367.jpe. Does this brand hold up well? We plan to do kitchen and game room.

• Cam S

For those of you who have installed Sweet Talker, how does it look with other wood toned furniture? I had been considering Provenza At Ease, which is lighter then Sweet Talker and has a slight gray undertone but after seeing all the pictures of Sweet Talker I am having second thoughts. Any input or pictures would be appreciated.

• Lila S

I didn’t install Sweet Talker yet , but l think any wood tones from same color family lighter or darker with no red toes will be good

• savvyla

Installed Sweet Talker a month ago and LOVE it! Placed it in my master bedroom, bathroom, hallway and stairs. It's a matte finish so if you want something more polished, this is not for you. In my opinion, it compliments brown black and grey tones. See pics below.

• JJ Mekai

savvyla, the photos aren't showing up. Would love to see the installed photos!

• savvyla

Thx JJ Mekai I'll try again. for some reason none of them went through.

• savvyla

Sweet Talker photos

• owentommom

savvyla that looks gorgeous! It's hard to tell from the pictures, but does the tone of the stair nose trim match the floor? I haven't seen the trim in person and I'm getting ready to order a lot of it.

• Steve B

@savvyla, your floor looks great. We also installed Sweet Talker back in March and we’ve been thrilled with it. Highly recommended.

• JJ Mekai

@savvyla, your flooring looks fabulous! Thank you for posting the photos. Would you say in person, in natural light, the color is closer you your first or second photo?

• savvyla

JJ Mekaiyes the first pic is natural light and it's spot on! because my bathroom has the vintage light bulbs, the stairs look more orange tones when the light is on but in person, it looks more natural. the stairs pic is also natural light

owentommom the stair nose is a solid color with no variation but it compliments all the other pieces so it actually looks very nice

• savvyla

Close up of the stair nose

• owentommom

@savvyla THANK YOU! That's exactly what I needed to see :) I've been searching everywhere and couldn't find a close up of the stairnose. Looks great!

• Shelly T

@savvyla your home looks amazing! I love everything you picked! I just got my sweet talker and pulled out a few pieces and I was so pleased. Installation if in a few weeks and I’ll be sure to post pics.

• Nena Filange

@owentommom I received my trim pieces yesterday, they came in before the floor, and I’m so excited, they’re so pretty! Can’t wait for this install!! How’s yours going? I think you may be a bit ahead of me, but you threw me for a loop when you posted about Provenza’s new line a while back! I got sidetracked by an infatuation with Royal Crest, but ultimately decided it had too many “busy marks” for me and came back to Sweet Talker. Look forward to your update. :)

• owentommom

@Nena Filange We're installing it ourselves so it's going VERY slowly but I'll post pics when done. Sorry for throwing you for a loop! I almost switched to Royal Crest too because I wanted an SPC floor, but I liked the look of Sweet Talker better so we went with it. I'm so glad we did!

• Lindsey Burnett

We’re in the process of installing Sweet talker throughout our home. I absolutely love it so far.