Software
Houzz Logo Print
featherhome

Love the crown and base molding!

13 years ago
What are the dimensions of the crown and base molding? Would I just go to a big box store to purchase molding? (We live in LA. ) This is exactly what I've been looking for for our home. - Thanks in advance.
Master Bedroom Addition · More Info

Comments (4)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Yes, that looks like a standard crown size and profile available at the box stores. I would highly recommend coping the corners when installing which will make them nice and tight. I've put up miles of crown. If you're doing it yourself I can give you some pointers.
    featherhome thanked Liquid Sands Glass Gallery
  • 13 years ago
    Any idea of what the width of either might be?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Difficult to tell from an image but I would guess them both at 5 1/4 which is a standard. Note though because the crown is bedded at an angle the bottom of the crown will not be 5.1/4 down from the ceiling.
    featherhome thanked Liquid Sands Glass Gallery
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I believe they were 5 1/4" . The trim was actually purchased through a local contractor supplier. The big box stores may have something similar in MDF.
    featherhome thanked Margeaux Interiors - Margaret Skinner