Software
Houzz Logo Print
wilhaines

Question about KBG overseeding and patching - Central Indiana

8 years ago

I'm ready to overseed some fairly large areas (approx. 500 sq. ft. in a couple of areas) with sod quality KBG, but am a little worried about the daytime temperatures. Supposedly, the hot and humid temperatures (90 degrees) are going to stick around for a few more days or weeks. I have a full sprinkler system, so keeping the lawn watered is not going to be a problem. My questions are: will the hot daytime temperatures be a negative factor for germination? And, should the lawn be deep watered prior to seeding? Other than light dethatching with my Mantis rake attachment, I don't plan to work the ground much before sowing seed. Thanks for your help and opinions.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars40 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21