Software
Houzz Logo Print
comp56

Under Stair Doggy Cave.....

8 years ago

Anyone make room for your pets under the stairs? here is what ours turned out like I put a door on both sides so she has a front and a back door ....not sure whch is which




Comments (14)

  • 8 years ago

    Beautiful! We had an open staircase in our old house and just put a crate with open door under it. Not very elegant. Not nearly as nice as yours!

    comp56 thanked sushipup1
  • 8 years ago
    That is so cute (so is puppy)! Does she love it?
    comp56 thanked K R
  • 8 years ago

    wife is petite and from both sides she can reach the entire area, yes our dog loves it she slept in it before I was finished while I was working on it. I put a 3W LED light in it as well that I leave on it is not bright just a nice warm glow so it's not pitch black


  • 8 years ago

    Here is her dog house I built her 4 years ago when we first got her, insulated and screened windows front back and side for air flow......she loves it and actually uses it 90% of the time she is outside especially when it is hot out......



  • 8 years ago
    That is soooo fun and cute! I might get a puppy soon what kind of bread is she? So adorable! :)
    comp56 thanked Brianna
  • 8 years ago

    they are known as ShiChi which is a Shih Tzu Chihuahua Mix she is turning 5 years old in Nov



  • 8 years ago
    Soooo cute! I love her outside dog house too! Shih tzus are the best dogs! I’ve never heard of that cross breed, how cool! This is my Bella.
    comp56 thanked K R
  • 8 years ago

    cute bit more nose with a shichi and less over bite.....but other than that stays about 12 lbs


  • PRO
    8 years ago

    We did this once...for a much larger dog!

    We did this once...for a much larger dog!

  • 8 years ago

    The are nice! I'd want the one with the locking door. Hehehe.

  • 8 years ago

    Love the trailer house, and glad to know the stairs house is easy to clean! i have two little dogs who bring all kinds of dirty surprises into their beds.

  • 8 years ago

    Well, being a dog person myself, I throughly commend the great dog hide-a-way you built.


    One question, how do you access the interior for cleaning purposes?

  • 8 years ago

    well first off she is an inside dog aside from going out for walks and or on the fenced deck. So in saying that she is not the type of dog that comes in from digging holes ect ect anyway as I mentioned before my wife is petite and she can reach the entire area from either side to keep it clean. as for house trained she is 100% with a 100% success rate with puppy pads. we started her on them from day one and to this day she uses them. we can be watching TV in our sitting room on the top floor of our house and she will make her way down to the main floor bathroom where we have her mat and she will do her business and then come back up......