0
Find the right pro for your project

mountain magic as a processing tomato- for sauce

marcantonio
October 25, 2018

i've been reading about the attributes of the mountain magic tomato, 2 oz ,good producer ,low juice content and sweet, to me it sounds like a good bet for canning size wise even canned whole. i use italian heirloom paste ten fingers of naples but i always like to mix more than one kind usually one on the sweet size, this sounds good. what do you think? has anyone grown this tomato ?

• digdirt2

I only did MM one time but wasn't at all impressed with its flavor - rather bland I thought. And when it comes to sauce making the small size requires too much peeling for me. I much prefer to use the larger plum and heart varieties for both better flavor and less work. ;-)

Dave

• Hrib

I also grew it one time as part of my late-blight resistance experiment. I also found the taste bland. Of course that year we didn’t get late blight so my experiment was pointless. I haven‘t grown many cocktail size tomatoes but Jaune Flamme has the most flavor out of the ones I’ve tried, although I wouldn’t call it sweet, more tart and complex.

Need help with a Houzz order? Call us at 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun)