ben_tso

Witherspoon Rose Culture Cyber Monday $15/bareroot

BenT (8a Dallas, TX)
November 21, 2018

Witherspoon Rose Culture sent me an email that all bareroots would $15 on Cyber Monday. The coupon code is EBFREE19.

I’ve already ordered all my plants for next year, but hopefully others can get some nice plants. They have a big selection

http://www.witherspoonrose.com

Comments (60)

• Sheila

What a great price, thank you for sharing. Can anyone tell me how long you can wait to plant a bareroot rose. They latest they ship is April and I am a snowbird need Fortuniana root in Florida home but could plant these in Massachusetts but will not be there to plant them until June. Can you wait 6-7 weeks after receiving shipment to plant?

• summersrhythm_z6a

Sheila, that would be a long wait. Do you drive from Florida to Massachusetts? You could plant them in pots and then take them back to northeast. Beth in CA has done soaking bare root in water for about 2 months while she was busy had no time to plant them. I remember reading that in one of her posts. I have done soaking bare root in water for over 2 weeks. I'd plant them in pots just to be safe.

• Lisa Adams

Shipping isn’t as high as I expected. It was like $23 for 2 rose trees and one regular rose, ground shipping to CA. No, I didn’t order, but I HAD to check! Lisa:)

• Sheila

summersrhythm_z6a Yes I do drive, Husband is not crazy about taking potted plant in the car. So if I had someone soak them they should be ok? Now that I could try :) Thanks for the information.

• Sheila

How do I reach out to Beth in CA?

• summersrhythm_z6a

Sorry, you can’t at this moment. She lost her home in the Camp fire....,.

• lindaperry_9b

Sheila, if you haven’t found this yet, elsewhere, here’s a garden.org link: https://garden.org/thread/view/98561/My-home-is-gone-in-the-fire/?offset=60

and also a link to a gofundme page set up by Beth’s cousin with a little news from her, as well: https://www.gofundme.com/6ag7d8-paradise-camp-fire?viewupdates=1&rcid=r01-154281570144-accdb798fffd4db6&utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_content=body_photo&utm_campaign=upd_n

Hope those work and help,

Linda

• Dingo2001 - Z5 Chicagoland

Anyone able to order yet today? I’m having trouble - site won’t let me add to cart, wondering if it’s just me :)

• summersrhythm_z6a

I had the same trouble after midnight last night. I could only order through my phone but not on my pc......and I couldn’t order 2 the same rose, just allowed 1, plus you have to pick the delivery date today Nov 26th. I only ordered 3 through my phone. Try order through your phone.

• michluvroses

I just ordered from the desktop computer. Order over $125 can get free shipping by using code EBFREE19.

• summersrhythm_z6a

That’s good to know. :-)

They fixed it! Yay! Was able to order & select shipping for April.

• summersrhythm_z6a

Oh good. Now I have to call them to hold the roses until April. I don‘t want them now.

• oursteelers 8B PNW

i ordered Violet’s Pride, Neptune, Twilight Zone, Stainless Steel, Fragrant Plum and a Climbing Iceberg....these sales are killing me!

• summersrhythm_z6a

My goodness! I ordered more......

Here is my order:

3 Colette

3 Lady in Red

2 Quicksilver

1 All Dressed Up

I am going to use all the climbers to climb on one side of a pool fence ( outside the pool).

• oursteelers 8B PNW

Ooh, I ordered a Colette too (from Northland, I think)! We‘ll have To compare!

• summersrhythm_z6a

I have a own root Colette that I ordered from Northland (? ) last year after seeing Diane’s beautiful photos. But I am not good at rooting. It’s easier to just buy 2. Lol Ben’s photo of Lady in Red got me buying 3! Yes, we can compare them next year. :-)

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley

I just ordered more than I planned at the ARE free shipping sale so no more for me. : (( Just now realized Colette was out of patent. She was the only one I really wanted from this sale and couldn't justify shipping for just one. Hmm. Too bad no one lives near me with whom I could split an order. Does anyone do that?

• Jennifer (7b)

I only have one spot left for a climber but I bought 4. God help me...

• summersrhythm_z6a

Colette is hard to find. Don’t you have rose friends near you? The 1st order I had 3 roses, the shipping was $16.21, not bad at all.

• summersrhythm_z6a

We are truely shopaholics! Lol

I know! I love Colette but I think it’s too cold here. Got All Dressed Up, Pink Peace, Easy Does It, Tamora, and Whit Licorice. No clue where they ar going to be planted.....

• summersrhythm_z6a

That’s a nice list Dingo! I am going to plant 3 Colette in PA zone 5b next year. I might have to wrap them up with burlap.

• michluvroses

Wish I had ordered Colette, Just ordered 8 of DA roses: Abraham Darby, Gertude Jekyll, Golden Celebration, Tamora, Munstead Wood, etc. And one Twilight Zone. Nothing beat $15.

You guys... tune in to NASA TV online to watch the Mars landing. This is the biggest thing in the world today and I can't believe it's not on broadcast TV! 20 minutes to go!

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca

Oh neat vapor thank you for telling us !! I’m happy to watch that . What an amazing job those at nasa have ! what did you offer from ARE ? I’m lost on theirs .. not sure what to get .

and gosh guys get Colette!! It’s gorgeous. I have a pair on an arbor and love it . Didn’t get good photos last year but it bloomed a ton , very healthy and thorny though

I’ll be getting celestial night , all dresssd up , Margaret Merrill for sure . I’m debating some hybrid teas maybe to sell as bouquets locally ? Just a little Day dream

Whew! Coming down off that high! Did you see the picture, Lilyfinch? I hope your little one was available to watch. This is happening in the world and all that's on TV is The View! Maybe some cable channel had it; I don't have cable. Anyway, there will be a news conference soon.

That is so cool you're considering selling bouquets! I love that! We need dreams and that's a great one!

So I ordered too many from ARE, but as usual I may cancel a couple and maybe add on as others become available. They are so nice to let one do that! ; ) My theory for ordering this year was Go Big or Go Home! ;0 I have a large hill atop a 5' dry stone wall that I just repaired and am working to remove the invasive vines and a few volunteer trees that I didn't get to last spring. It's maybe 30' deep, 200' long and backs up to another wall! This is the area I hope will lead to my one day arbor. I'm putting some Cornus Mas in the back and trying to plant some native shrubs and hydrangeas along with a small crabapple. Anyway, that's why I need BIG! To that end I ordered R. Roxburghii, Mrs. Anthony Waterer and Seven Sisters. I wanted Kiftsgate, but it OoS. I also got Marjorie Fair to cascade over the wall. This is the area almost all my remaining HMs are going. For the lower level of that area I've ordered the Repeat Blooming Swamp Rose since its drainage is not as good. For my new front bed I'm getting another Cinco de Mayo. It looks great there with Heathcliff and Violet's Pride. I'll be adding Quicksilver also. I got Cl. Orange Triumph for this area, but it may be too red to look good. That one is not set in stone. Last minute whims include Caroline Hunt which I'd never even noticed until last night and thanks to your recent pics, Star of the Republic. 9 total.

7 Sisters and C. OT are unknowns ATM as I may just get cuttings of 7 Sisters. I'm still eyeing up Nur Mahal and Deanna Kraus. You should look at the latter. She gets good reviews, but they're mainly from CA.

• palytoxinz5il

Ben, thank you! What a great price! I ordered some with my local friends and took advantage of the free shipping.

Claire

• Kenneth Rollins

last year when they did this did they include david austin ?

• rifis (zone 6b-7a NJ)

BenT (8a Dallas, TX)

Witherspoon sources from various big growers like Weeks and Star,

Is Star Roses and Plants, in fact, a grower?

• Rosecestlavie

When I entered the code to my order today, the order total didn't change and a notification appeared reading "The coupon code you entered couldn't be applied to any items in your order." I wonder if it has to do with the roses I ordered or if the discount is only applicable tomorrow (Cyber Monday). I will try again tomorrow and don't mind paying $18/bareroot as that seems to be the new price, but from this thread, it seems like a few of you were able to place an order and apply the code for $15/bareroot before Cyber Monday?

• KarenPA_6b

Rosecestlavie, this was for last year's Cyber Monday sale, 2018.

• Rosecestlavie

Ack, thank you for clearing that up, Karen. In my excitement, I didn't notice the date of the original post!

• KarenPA_6b

I too fell for it! Went to the website and tried to place an order for it but could not use the code. I guess this year's Cyber Sale is $18 a rose rather than $15 like last year's.

• summersrhythm_z6a

Is it free shipping this year?

• KarenPA_6b

I don't see any offer of Free Shipping, Summers.

• summersrhythm_z6a

Thanks Karen! Are you going to order? I only ordered 1 All Dressed Up last year with some climbers. want to have a few more......

• oursteelers 8B PNW

I think I will pass if there isn’t free shipping as well...

• Perma n’ Posies/9A FL

The order info page shows free shipping on $125. Not sure if you have to use a code for the $18 price, but if not the free shipping one might work. :-)

http://www.witherspoonrose.com/ordering/

• summersrhythm_z6a

I decided to pass this deal. Put roses on hold. I went crazy with my favorite perfume that discontinued. Collected as many bottles as I could. Lol

What perfume was that?

My mom used to wear the old regular Chloe as well as the most beautiful fragrance called Odalisque by Nettie Rosenstein. It's still available, but none of the accompanying items such as body powder or bubblebath are any longer. I often wonder if it's still the same since it's been bought out or if they just kept the name. There used to be just one outlet in every city that sold it. When I heard my mom mention it once we bought her the Xmas set and wow!, it brought back so many childhood memories. I used to be a big perfume junkie having many favourites through the years, but now I just wear a pure ylang-ylang, lavender or rose essence.

• Perma n’ Posies/9A FL

I got very frustrated with their shopping cart; you can’t edit it, at least not on a phone. :-)

• summersrhythm_z6a

Now I know you saw the perfume info. I am going to delete the perfume posts since it’s rose thread. Lol

I heard the old Chloe was really good too. Will have to search for a new one......

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca

Perma , I had to call in my order bc I had the same problem. The girl tried explaining it to me but I couldn’t see what she was talking about.

Summers I was curious too !! We go off topic so much who would have complained? :)

LOL!!! Well, I'm leaving the Odalisque info up because if people order it maybe they'll keep making it. : ))

• Ken Wilkinson

I ordered 4 Sunstruck's. to be sent last part of Feb. This HT is very hard to get.

• Dave6aMO

I gave up after battling the shopping cart - I wasn’t sure if it was because I was trying to order on my phone and the site wasn’t mobile friendly or what but I couldn’t return to my shopping cart without adding another rose but then couldn’t edit the cart.

• Perma n’ Posies/9A FL

Dave, I had the same problem, on my phone too. I added roses, couldn’t see them in the cart, so I kept adding. When I finally saw my cart, it was over $300 and the only option was to enter my cc info. That wasn’t my plan, so I just quit.

It’s all still there in my cart, and I have no idea how long it will be. They need to make some adjustments to make the site more mobile-friendly. :-)

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268