Software
Houzz Logo Print
katie_swerda

washer with a hinge on the right - does it exist?

7 years ago

My laundry room is backwards - hookup for the washer is on the right. I'd like to buy a front loader, but they all seem to be hinged left. Are any brands reversible?

Comments (7)

  • 7 years ago

    Look at Miele.

    Katie thanked zmith
  • 7 years ago

    Check LG. I just purchased an LG washer and dryer last week and changed the dryer door from left to right. I'm not sure about washer, but worth checking.

    Katie thanked lizbeth-gardener
  • 7 years ago

    My older Speed Queen FL hinges to the right, but I believe I read somewhere the process for converting it to the other direction. Such conversions may also be available for other brands.

    Katie thanked kaseki
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    There are three current Electrolux front-load washer models with the reversible door feature: EFLS427, EFLS527, and EFLS627.

    Zmith mentioned Miele. AFAIK, Miele's current line of front load washers come only with left-hinged doors and do not offer a reversible door option. The fixed position of their electronic auto-lock safety control seems to prevent a reversible door swing arrangement.

    Kaseki mentioned Speed Queen, all of whose residential and commercial front load models have had right-hinged doors. Their most recent residential front-load model is the AFNE9BSP113TW01. You may be able to find some on hand at a local dealer even though Speed Queen recently suspended or discontinued production of residential front loaders. (Speed Queen said it needed the production lines for a big contract for commercial front loaders. Not known when (or if) Speed Queen will resume production of its residential front load model.)

    You also might try posting your question in the Laundry Room forum, here. You won't be violating any rules about double posts. For future reference, when you start a thread here, Houzz offers you the chance to choose to have it appear in multiple relevant forums.

    Katie thanked jwvideo
  • 7 years ago

    JW: Thanks for that Speed Queen production factoid. I had wondered why they stopped selling the FL washers. I couldn't think of anything about mine that would get them to run away from the product. And as far as I know, FL is still considered to be easier on clothes for the same level of cleaning performance.

    Katie thanked kaseki
  • 7 years ago

    Ah, so Miele has changed since I bought mine in 2014. Kudos to jwvideo for a thorough response to all our suggestions. :)

    Katie thanked zmith