0

furniture layout for floor outlets

Ashley R
Our electrician needs to know placement for floor outlets but I’m struggling with furniture in our very open great room. The fireplace will have a large 60” tv on it. The will on the top of the picture is all windows with a beautiful view of our backyard and pool. I don’t know if we should do “U” shape arrangement or “L” shape so we don’t obstruct the view of the pool. Our bid has 2 floor outlets. Also, how far back should we place furniture from the fireplace?
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design

We need to know a few more things, like do you already have the furniture or do you still need to purchase it? I also suggest you rethink the TV over the fireplace idea. I will be sooo high and cause neck pain. Better to move it to one side of the fireplace.

• Cheryl Hannebauer

following>>>we had our electcial crew leave 2 wires under our crawl space so that hubby could cut out for them, once we have the new furniture in place for the great room...

• Ashley R
    We haven’t purchased furniture yet.
  • Ashley R
    Was thinking we would place our furniture back far enough so it wouldn’t strain our neck. If we have it off to one side certain people won’t be able to see it because the fireplace sticks out so far.
  • D M

We had 4 which gave us the most flexibility. I could place lamps at both ends of any seating arrangement however I set it up and I did change it according to season whether the focus was the fireplace or the yard.

Need help with a Houzz order? Call us at 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun)