Your shopping cart is empty.

Replacement windows

Julie Hansa
December 4, 2018
I am needing new replacement windows and was wondering what your thoughts are on RBS windows? Or if you have any other suggestions. We will also be residing in vinyl as well.

Comments (11)

• millworkman

RBS Windows? Is that Richards Brothers Supply? Are they truly there own window or just a private label by another manufacturer? I do not have time at the moment to research but have you looked for and or at the performance values they offer (U value, air infiltratinion, etc)? Glass options? What area of the country are you in? Who will install? Insert replacement windows or full framed replacement windows?

• Carl F Remodeling

Ageee,the OP gave no details.

• Julie Hansa

The windows are vinyl insert replacement windows. They are Richardson's private label but made by midway windows. We live in upper Illinois.

• Julie Hansa
    We are having a private contractor install not us.
  • Julie Hansa
    Sorry guys have been overwhelmed of late.
  • millworkman

Keep looking....................

• Julie Hansa
    millworkman what would your suggestions be?
  • Carl F Remodeling

I find it odd that this particular window only gets a .29 ufactor despite incorporating duralite.

• Julie Hansa
    What of you think of the Marvin integrity insert windows?
  • millworkman

Where are you located in the US as replacement window companies can be regional. The general names you want to look for are Okna, Sunrise, Polaris, Kensington and possibly a few others but many including these as I mention can be and are somewhat regional. I am generally a Marvin fan but you can do better, and a quality vinyl unit will be less expensive (or at least should be).

• Carl F Remodeling

Quality vinyl will render the best performance, no doubt about it. Forget anything sold at the local building supply stores or home improvement centers, they are builders grade garbage.

the majority of high quality/ performance vinyl will be sold through dealers.

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).