0

Help with kitchen countertop choices

Katie
last modified: December 7, 2018

Hi. First off, many thanks for helping me pick my kitchen cabinet color. I've asked a couple of other questions and everyone has been so helpful. I am posting my layout and I'd like to ask for feedback regarding countertop. The perimeter cabinets will be an earthy brown (stained wood) and the island will be painted off-white (maple/mdf). Not sure what we are doing w the floors yet- that's in a year or so due to budget. We want a white (plain) quartz for the perimeter. Should the island be the same? Maybe a quartz w veins? Granite? I'd love wood (butcher block) but we will have a wood table in the kitchen and the kitchen opens to the family room where we have some wood furniture and Brazilian cherry floors so not sure if there will be too much wood.Thought? Thanks!

• Katie

Here's the layout- it's a good size kitchen. There's also another wall, with a a built-in microwave, oven, and pantry. Thanks!

If the island is already a different color then all the counters should be the same material and color IMO to do both is too much going on.

Katie thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • maggieq

Just finishing a second kitchen with Silestone Blanco Maple. Soft white, tiny flecks. Appears solid from a distance. Don't have to worry about seam/pattern matching. This link is enlarged.....flecks are not this big. Blanco Maple

Katie thanked maggieq
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design

Either two cabinet colors and one countertop color, or two countertops and one cabinet color. You already have two cabinets colors so yes, use the same countertop for the whole kitchen!

Katie thanked Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design

Need help with a Houzz order? Call us at 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun)