Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gpatrice05

Need help with my master bedroom

gpatrice05
5 years ago

Trying to update our master since we moved. The house came with all the window fixtures so we want to decorate around them. What colors would go good with these drapes? I am wanting to paint the mirrors also so they stand out a little more. Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you!!

Comments (7)

• Bluebell66
    5 years ago

So you want to keep the drapes? I can't really tell what color they are. Brown? What about the wall color? Keeping or going? And what do you have in mind for bedding?

What kind of look or mood are you going for here? What colors do you like? Do you have any inspirational photos? Personally, I would eliminate the drapes for a fresher, cleaner look. Beyond that, it's hard to know what to suggest without knowing what you like.

• gpatrice05
    Original Author
    5 years ago

The drapes are a bit of an weird dark mustard yellow/ brownish gold. The walls will be repainted (color tbd) and I have not selected any bedding yet. I have been having a really hard time figuring out what will go with the drapes.

Our style is more on the transitional side. I would like to have a clean looks with a pop of color. I was thinking to have Ivory color bedding with some pretty accent colors but nothing too girly so my husband will be happy also. This is going to be OUR space in the house where we can go relax after we put the kids to bed and watch a movie with a bottle of wine. The kids have the entire house so I just need this to be our space. My husband likes blues and greens but I'm just not sure how that will go with the drapes. I know it would be easiest to change the drapes but for right now it is out of our budget at the moment. I will for sure want to change them to a neutral color in the future but for now they have to stay.

Classic Beauty · More Info
    The drapes in this picture are very similar in color to what mine are.

Bedroom - Mike Ford Custom Homes - Witherspoon Parade Model · More Info
    I thought something like this might be a good option. It's neutral and it would be easy to change pillow colors and the color of the drapes when the time comes.

Thank you for writing back!

• tartanmeup
    5 years ago

A bit difficult to see everything in your picture. Does the window (sliding door?) have a blind as well as the drapes? If it does, perhaps you don't need the drapes? I love the mirrors and don't think they need painting to stand out more. I'd get two chests of drawers to put underneath the mirrors as nightstands (can you match the current one which seems to fit well?).

• gpatrice05
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    There is a shade on the sliding glass door but on the two windows the top round part of the windows are only covered by the drapes. I could for sure take off the drapes from the sliding glass doors and keep the shade but I would still have to have them on the windows or it would be way too bright in here.
    I wish I could find another dresser that matches this one but it was from a consignment store a long time ago. It goes great in here but my husband isn’t a fan. Lol.
    Thank you for the suggestions and I am for sure going to consider taking the drapes off the sliding glass door.
  • tartanmeup
    5 years ago

Window treatments for a window that size won't be cheap so I totally understand keeping what works until you can replace them. That space letting in light above the blind would be problematic for me as well. However, I would decorate with future window treatment in mind not with current one. In other words, I wouldn't let the current drape colour dictate my scheme. If it clashes, it clashes. It's temporary. :)

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    5 years ago

If you stay with drapes, then mirrors have the similar color frames and already stand out with size. :-)