Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kcandmilo

Redoing a back corner of the yard

kcandmilo
5 years ago

I have a back corner where some red currant bushes have been struggling. It gets a decent amount of midday and evening sun, and ends at my fence. I am thinking of redoing the corner, fixing the irrigation and planting a few roses there. I would be able to get at least 4 to 5 medium bushes and maybe a climber on the fence.

As you can imagine, the possibilities are overwhelming. Being a far back corner, you can't really see it from the house, but I am there all the time as it is near my veggie beds.

These are the roses I already have: Distant Drums, Bolero, Secret’s out, Elle, Memorial Day

Miss American Beauty, Intrigue, Jacobs coat, Falling in love, Olivia Rose Austin (David Austin)

Bronze Star, Bolero, Eternal Flame, Yves Piaget, September Morn, First Prize, Candyland,

Cupid's kisses

Of these, the unstoppable ones have been the Olivia Rose, Bronze Star, Bolero, Cupid's kisses and Miss American Beauty.

If you woke up and suddenly had the space for morning shade tolerant roses, what would you be grabbing and putting in your shopping cart? (Repeat blooming, highly fragrant would be high priorities. The other roses in the yard don't seem to be fighting any diseases. Frost and freeze not really big concerns.)

KC

Comments (6)