Software
Houzz Logo Print
ranand

Ideas for dressing room

7 years ago

I am looking to re-model my dressing room. Counter tops will be replaced with granite or marble. Need help with room color and furniture color.




Comments (13)

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    Before you choose anything, prime over that red. Its going to need a few coats. Then you'll have a blank canvas to work on. The red right now is overwhelming the space.


    Also, don't dressing rooms usually have clothes in them....

  • 7 years ago

    What a fab space! Did you have ideas for colour? I love the current fun and energizing vibe. Don't know what your budget is but your furniture seems fine. Perhaps I'd change the chair to an acrylic one.



    My first thought was black and white but I adore pink so I'd probably go for that. Raspberry pink tones - dial down the red but keep the happy vibe going.

    Any thoughts on wallpaper? Here are two ideas for the window wall.

    How about some b&w 20's glamour?

    Wallpaperfromthe70s


    Or do a collage of fashion mag covers?


    Mr Perswall - fashion covers

    Nice linen curtains for the window? (Can't really see what you currently have besides a valance.)

    How about a rug? If I wanted one, I'd start with that element and build from there.

    Check Pinterest for loads of inspo pics. Lots of pretty glammed up dressing rooms out there!

  • 7 years ago

    I was thinking for pink with Green velvet sofa and white/offwhite rug. I removing the valance and putting white curtain or go with light purple and dark purple sofa and white rug. The previous owner painted that color need to change it. I getting rid of that chase. However, if you can suggest nice pink color.

  • 7 years ago

    Sure you mat have the Chaise! I love the idea of B&W wall paper I can do one wall that wallpaper and rest walls pink!


  • 7 years ago

    DO you know where I can find wallpaper like this?


  • 7 years ago

    I was initially looking for something like that but didn't find! Try using the terms "dressmaking" and "dressmaker" in your searches. Alternatively, if you find fabric like that, you can paste it on the walls. I've never done it but have read that it's easily done. Easily removed though? That's another matter.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Honestly I would do the walls white and is your chaise gray? Paint the cabinets a pale gray and then bring in gold and glass hardware for them. Do the window in a faux silk dupioni silk drape with gold rod in a blush pink. Keep the gray velvet chaise and dress it with a wonderful fur throw. Do a large floor mirror to lean against the wall opposite cabinets. Then a art piece on wall to left of that above chaise. Bring in a chandelier for center of room Here are some ideas.

    Windows




    Mirror on opposite wall

    Metro Mirror - Contemporary Gold, Mirror, Large · More Info



    Cooper Classics Lincoln Mirror, Metal, 41047 · More Info


    Tray for counter

    Kate and Laurel Ciel Gold Metal Mirrored 12x18 Decorative Tray, Gold · More Info


    Pillows for chase

    Gold Handmade Textured Check Beaded Pillow, 12"x22", Down Feather · More Info


    Stool/table for side of chaise

    Modern Hexagon Garden Stool, Plated Gold · More Info


    Chandelier

    Crystorama Metro 5-Light Crystal Beads Silver Chandelier I · More Info


  • 7 years ago

    All my photos didn't post trying again

    chandlier possibilities

    Crystorama Meridian 5-Light Antique Gold Chandelier · More Info


    French Empire Crystal Chandelier Chandelier 3-Light, 15"x11" · More Info


    Clover 8-Light Chandelier, Aged Brass With Clear Hand Cut Crystal · More Info


    Kailee 5-Light Cascading Crystal Chandelier Chrome Ceiling Fixture Glam · More Info

    mirrors

    Chandler Oversized Gold Mirror · More Info


    Gilded Floor Standing Rectangular Sunburst Mirror · More Info


    Tall Gold Curved Arch Full Length Wall Mirror, 69" Moroccan Arabesque Floor · More Info


    BrandtWorks 32"x71" Brushed Gold Floor Mirror · More Info

    hardware

    Amerock Glacio 1-3/8" 35 mm Length Square Cabinet Knob, Clear/Golden Champagne · More Info


    Roland 1-3/16 " Square Cabinet Knob, Brushed Brass · More Info


    Amerock Knob Trad Clsic 1-1/4" Cry Gold Champagne · More Info


    Lucite on Satin Gold Knob, 2.2"x0.66", Set of 10 · More Info


    Kohler Margaux Knob Cabinet Hardware, Vibrant French Gold · More Info


  • 7 years ago

    Fur throws

    Luxurious Faux Fur Animal Throw Blanket, 50"x60", Gray · More Info


    Lynx Faux Fur Throw Blanket by Fabulous Furs, 60"x86 · More Info


    Snow Giraffe Faux Fur Throw Blanket, 63"x87" · More Info

    Sorry having trouble posting photos all on one post for some reason.

  • 7 years ago

    I would keep the walls light and fairly neutral. You don't want it to through your make-up off.

  • 7 years ago

    Rugs

    Zebra Casual Indoor Outdoor Area Rugs, Gray/White, 8'x10' · More Info


    Jaipur Living Malo Medallion Gray/White Area Rug, 8'10"x11'9" · More Info


    Surya Amadeo 7'10" x 10'2" Area Rug ADO1001-710102 · More Info


    Surya Contempo CPO3719 Floral and Paisley Area Rug, Gray/White, 3'11"x5'7" · More Info


  • 7 years ago

    Random thoughts:

    What functions do you expect this room to serve? Will you just dress in it? Obviously you iron here. Will you mend clothes or sew by the window? Will you sit in the chaise and read? Will you do your hair and make up here? Think through the functions you want so you can plan for those needs.

    I'm very much a red person, but this color is overwhelming, given that it's on the walls and ceiling ... but I think you're kind of stuck with using just one color. If you want red, I'd say go with a neutral ... then use pops of red as accents. If you love red, a soft aqua or turquoise would work well as a base. Pink or raspberry, as someone else suggested, would be better, but that's opinion. I am not a B&W person.

    I like the idea of gold /brass in this room. Alternately, crystal knobs on the cabinets would be nice.

    That's a big cabinet area ... it's kind of overwhelming. Are you using it for clothing storage? I don't know that I'd replace the countertops with an expensive material. This won't be a hard working area (like a kitchen or bathroom). If you want to change the color, I'd consider pink. I just don't see the value in going with real stone in this location.

    I like the chandeliers, and they bring in a bit of black that "grounds" the room. I'd like to see a bling-y lamp on the countertop and by the chaise.

    Instead of the fluffy throws mentioned above, I'd rather see a fluffy rug on the floor. I can't imagine why you'd sit around in this room using a throw, but a rug makes perfect sense.

    Things I'd expect to see in this room:

    - A built-in for the ironing board

    - A full-length mirror and at least one make-up mirror on the countertop (in addition to the mirrors as backsplash)

    - Valet rods or hooks for hanging up outfits

    - Hooks or a planned space for things you're going to wear again (jeans, work-out clothes, etc.)

    - Plenty of well thought-out clothing storage

    - Matching hangers ... lose the plastic hangers perched on the ironing board

    - Remove the Walmart plastic shelves, the office chair, the wall stickers, cluttr on the countertops, and the BLING hook

    - Remove the padded valance and replace with thin, gauzy white curtains -- could be lace

    - If the pictures are special to you, put them in fancy frames -- gold?

    - We can't smell, but I'd expect some nice scented candles.

    - A pretty basket for collecting dirty clothes

    - Is that a coffee pot or a water pitcher on the floor by the chaise? If you want to have drinks in this room, I'd lean towards a round ceramic garden stool with pinking (cut outs).

    - Do you want a TV or music in this room?