Software
Houzz Logo Print
ned_b

Installing Full Height Cabinets Against Concrete Wall

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We have California Closets installing an organizational system at the bottom of our stairs in our basement. I'm not sure the exact construction because it is covered in plaster (old house), but the exterior walls elsewhere throughout the basement are formed-in place poured concrete. What we are having installed is one 2' wide by 2' deep by 7' tall cabinet, one 2' wide by 1' deep by 7' tall cabinet and a series of 1' deep x 4.5' tall shelving units. Everything should be weight bearing on the floor, but I assume it needs some wall anchors to prevent overturning.

The installers are on site now, and can't figure out how to mount it to the wall. They say everything is crumbling and they can't get a good hold. Unfortunately I'm not there so I can't see exactly what is happening but it doesn't seem like it should require rocket science to get an anchor into the concrete. What should I be recommending that they should do? The installer seems to be at a complete loss and is calling in the salesperson to review.

Comments (2)