Software
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (15)

  • 7 years ago

    That's absolutely lovely, Daisy. Spring has come very early for you.

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
  • 7 years ago

    Wow! beautiful!

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked soncna 9a Slovenia
  • 7 years ago

    Something to look forward to now that the garden is covered in snow. Not that we will have such an abundance of spring flowers.

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked mariannese
  • 7 years ago

    Lovely Daisy... are those Pulsatillas or Anemones I can't quite tell..

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked User
  • 7 years ago

    They are Anemone coronaria Marlorena. They grow everywhere here.

    Daisy

  • 7 years ago

    Anemones (Windflowers) dancing in the wind ... how inexpressibly beautiful!

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked monarda_gw
  • 7 years ago

    Beautiful! So nice to see spring!

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Beautiful. I remember the anemones growing over various archaeological sites too. I was there in February one year. And the citrus fruit was the best I've ever tasted.

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    It's an enchanting place to enjoy the spring breezes. The flowers are so charming...

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Krista_5NY
  • 7 years ago

    My mother rented a house on Lake Bracciano, north of Rome when I was in sixth grade, and I -- we -- had that same experience. We used to see groups of women coming out of the woods with armfuls of those anemone coronaria, and the wheat fields would be covered with crocuses as far as the eye could see. The woods were filled with cyclamen and primroses. It was heart stopping.
    Just lately I was reading a memoir by Norman Lewis, author of Naples 1944, who was there (somewhat north of where we had been) some 10 years later --in the beginning of the hippie era , and he too, almost incidentally, described the shock of the incredible beauty of the woodland wild flowers there -- they are the wild flowers of myth and poetry and yet they are real. (He also described some rather macabre happenings in the expat community, which fortunately we had had no experience of, the 1950s being a more innocent time). Anyway, when he got back to England he took up gardening.

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked monarda_gw
  • 7 years ago

    Lovely! Thanks for the ride!

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Jay 6a Chicago
  • 7 years ago

    Lovely, Daisy. I have read about the anemones growing wild in Greece in my old garden and mythology books -- and have spent many pleasant moments imagining how they might look. This was even prettier than my imagination.

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked clawandthorn
  • 7 years ago

    The Anemone coronaria are beautiful. I just love them. We plant the bulbs here in California. The gophers mostly leave them alone, at least so far! Thank you for showing them to us in their natural setting.


    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Rosefolly z5
  • 7 years ago

    So beautiful Daisy, thanks. Anemones are a favorite of mine, had never seen them as native wildflower.

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked BenT (NorCal 9B Sunset 14)