Software
Houzz Logo Print
permanposies9afl

Pergola progress & a blossom

I’ve been under the weather this weekend, so my DH offered to paint my little pergola for me. It’s now ready for planting—I’m so excited!



Comments (10)

  • 7 years ago

    He also snapped a picture of one of Crepescule‘s blooms—he doesn’t usually do that, so I was surprised! :-)


  • 7 years ago



  • 7 years ago

    Wow! Great job! It looks wonderful.

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
  • 7 years ago

    Wow! That is really nice! Is that the wire in the background that you use? I'd be interested in seeing/hearing the construction process if you could some time. I like your wagon, as well. : ) P.S. If you do have any before and during photos consider starting a post in the Greenhouse and Garden Structure section. I hope you feel better soon. I think your husband's a keeper! ; 0

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • 7 years ago

    Yes, I agree he is a keeper. (This is DH’s photo, so that I could start planning the planting.) Lol, I probably would have staged it a bit more. :-)

    That is indeed the fencing we put on top. I found this roll of fencing on clearance at Lowes several years ago, and its been a magic roll, good for all my projects and doesn’t seem to ever run out.

    If you clicked on the photo you saw our rescued kitten, Bleu at the bottom. She already loves sprawling out on the sun-warmed pavers.

    Jin, my paint is what I call oops special. I just blended a couple oops paint bargains until I got the color I wanted. I didn‘t want too light a color since most of climbers are light colors. I’m hoping they will really pop on this color.

    Vap, I will check out the Greenhouse forum. I just built a hoop house, and sure wish I’d thought to check there for some tips. I think we did take some pics of the frame, before we put on the cladding.

    I’m just really happy that we were able to get the high dome I wanted. I love high structures that the breeze can blow through esp in the summer heat. :-)

  • 7 years ago

    Your pergola looks so nice! I love Cepuscule..I need to repot mine and start being a lot nicer to it.

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
  • 7 years ago

    It's a lovely pergola, and the color is just right to set off the beautiful roses that will be climbing to the top. Your kitty is adorable, that was almost the first thing I noticed. You'll have to show us updates of the pergola this summer when the roses are in place and will be blooming their hearts out.

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
  • 7 years ago

    Thank you, Sultry! I love C’s winter blooms—so much rich apricot!


    Thank you, Ingrid! Bleu is one of my garden supervisors...she and her mom Dijon just showed up one day, both half starved. We didn’t know if Bleu would make it, so it’s always such a joy to see her grown up and healthy. Now they carefully inspect all my garden work and protect me from evil squirrels.


    And I will post more progress pics as we get the multi-pink riot going around it. I’m looking forward to the day (in a few years) when I can hide in there and just breathe in frothy pink wonderfullness. :-)

  • 7 years ago

    What a great pergola! I, too, like the high pitch of the roof. It will be beautiful and dramatic when the roses cover it!

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Rosylady (PNW zone 8)
Sponsored
AIS Renovations
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County, Ohio