Your shopping cart is empty.

Kitchen sink pipe

Ray Shepard
March 11, 2019

There is a spigot like attachment to my drain pipe from the garbage disposal...unfortunately it spews some stuff from the garbage disposal. Trying to see why this is needed? Or if I can get rid of itm

Comments (5)

  • greg_2015

    Are you talking about that hole that looks like it was drilled into the drain pipe on the horizontal part? I can't imagine that's supposed to be there.

  • weedmeister

    I'm hoping it is just the picture perspective, but that pipe should not run downhill like that. And no hole, either.

    could you take a picture from further back, or landscape, to show the disposal attachment?

  • ramona1976

    Looks like there may have been a drain line for something like an RO water system attached with a saddle clamp at some time in the past. That pipe needs to be repaired or replaced to stop the leak.

  • kudzu9

    As a temporary measure, you could just put a couple of wraps of duct tape around it to cover the hole, since it's not under pressure. But it's just a few bucks to get a brand new replacement part and swap it for the one some bonehead drilled a hole in.

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).