5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I have just lost one so try again!!!!

Last one with the Mediterranean Sea behind

Daisy

Comments (24)

• oursteelers 8B PNW
    5 years ago

Daisy-those were wonderful to wake up to!

daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked oursteelers 8B PNW
  • K S 7b Little Rock (formerly of Seattle)
    5 years ago

OK Daisy, I think we are ALL going to move to Crete now!

daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked K S 7b Little Rock (formerly of Seattle)
  • HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada
    5 years ago
    Just gorgeous! How large is your property? everything looks so filled in and colourful. I love all the different plantings.
    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada
  • Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal
    5 years ago
    What’s the yellow rose in front of the sea? So dreamy!
    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal
  • ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    5 years ago

Simply exquisite, Daisy. Your Marechal Niel is such an outstanding specimen. The color and plant combinations throughout your garden are superb.

daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
  • sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Goodness! I'm so in love with your garden! How hard is it to move/ live in Crete? Do they kick people out for being illegal immigrants like in the US? Do you have to become a citizen? I've never really thought about living outside of the US except for, maybe, Australia lol. Crete might be worth it though.

daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
  • Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    5 years ago

I think you're going to be responsible for a huge immigration! You garden is truly the best. p.s. how is the new kitty?

daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
    5 years ago
    Hey, don't leave me behind. I wanna moved there, too.
    Diasy, your garden looks so , so beautiful as if I am in heaven. I got to create a small space of mine close to your artist colourful work of blooms and I will be so, so happy.
    jin
    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
    5 years ago
    Daisy, what have you lost ? I was curious of your first line. if there is one missing , I can never tell Bec each team it looks so perfect and all space is filled up to top notch beauty.
    jin
  • Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
    5 years ago

Looks like we all want to come. Gorgeous photos Daisy.

daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
  • flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA
    5 years ago

So beautiful. I'd love to garden in Crete, too. Maybe we could form a rose lover's village. I was hoping for a peek at Tabitha. I hope she's not a flower nibbler. All parts of lilies are poisonous to cats - it can destroy their kidneys even if they only lick the pollen off their feet. I always have lilies in the garden, but can't bring them inside because my cat taste tests bouquets.

daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA
  • daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Stephanie, the rose with the Mediterranean Sea behind it is Teasing Georgia. It does very well here and doesn't crisp even in a heat wave.

There are some people from the USA living here. I haven't met any of them but they must find a way.

We have both fallen completely in love with Tabitha. She has such a happy, sunny personality it would be hard not to. She is difficult to photograph, as when she is out in the garden, she doesn't keep still. She loves hiding behind plants and jumping out on one of the other cats, who are not amused. She has reached the leggy, teenager stage now. In fact with her slender body and long legs, I occasionally call her the supermodel.

Daisy

• daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Sorry jin, I just meant that I had lost the post before. That is why I stuck to photos mainly and didn't say much! Just in case.

Daisy

• Krista_5NY
    5 years ago

Your garden looks just heavenly, and oh, I wish I could stroll amongst the flowers right now!

daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Krista_5NY
    5 years ago
    Daisy , no problem. I showed your pics to my family. They love it and talking about your weather is so perfect and also Crete as you mentioned for a new comer from New Zealand.
    Heard Crete is spectacular and the people are so nice and a great place even for a single woman to visit and very, very , very safe.
    Your roses are so beautiful. I wish I can live there but chances are more of visiting. I hope one day I get to come there and see it in person your great masterpiece - your garden. That will be so special .
    Jin
  • totoro z7b Md
    5 years ago

Thanks for sharing. Your garden is a masterpiece.

daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked totoro z7b Md
  • Dotsie Adams 8b
    5 years ago

So beautiful! Your garden inspires me! I adore your Marechal Niel as well. I just got my band from RVR, and am hopeful it will be as lovely as yours. I’ve read all the back and forth about it, but it has already doubled it‘s size and has 2 teenie tiny buds on it. I’m not going to be able to stop myself from letting them open. Haha!

daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Dotsie Adams 8b
  • Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
    5 years ago

Good luck Dotsie with your plant. My RVR MN was Reve d'Or which I love. I later got MN from Rose Petals.

daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
  • monarda_gw
    5 years ago

This must be the best garden on the web -- or one of them. Thanks Daisy, it's beyond fabulous!

daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked monarda_gw
  • brightstar123
    5 years ago

Daisy, I only just saw this post for some reason, thank you so much. Your Marechal Niel arbour is absolutely breath-taking. Thank you!

5 years ago

Finally Brighstar saw this thread.
    Daisy, what is this purple flowers are called ? I really like this very much. I saw a white ones in one of the British videos it was growing over the steps like yours. Very pretty :)
    jin

• flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA
    5 years ago

Jin, in case Daisy doesn't see this, I will suggest it is Convolvulus Sabatius. I've seen it growing over steps like this, too, and always love the look. I can just imagine how gorgeous that would look growing at the base of roses. But, the bad news is that it is too vigorous for that and would grow up the canes and overtake the plant. It is a weed in most places except for the UK, where it behaves nicely. Some weeds are just too pretty to be weeds.

5 years ago
    Thanks Flowers. You are right ! It reseeds in cracks and corners .....
    I am always chopping my Mexican petunias ( white and purple) It is a total tall weed here that grows and spreads like crazy.
    Thanks again !
    jin
Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES