Software
Houzz Logo Print
fifamom

almost done with kitchen reno

7 years ago
Before and after - almost done - waiting in table base and a few other things..

Comments (27)

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Closer up backsplash by stove

    backsplash and counter are the same.. LG Viatera Soprano Quartz.. we love it.. it looks great (to me) and I like the fact that the counter and backsplash do not compete with each other.. still need to install the vent hood, crown, cabinet panels, bottom of upper cabinet trim and lighting, range, plate covers, etc..


  • 7 years ago

    Wow...into the 21st century...very nice seletion choices...just the updated lighting made a huge difference!

    fifamom thanked rantontoo
  • 7 years ago

    The before was charming in it's own right with the cute retro dinette set, but I love the new look. It's very sophisticated. :)

    fifamom thanked zmith
  • 7 years ago
    It's beautiful! So nice to see a warm kitchen not a cold sterile white.. love dark cabinets
    fifamom thanked Cheryl Smith
  • 7 years ago
    Some more kitchen pics - I’m loving my microwave drawer & crystal doorknobs for pantry & closet..
  • 7 years ago

    Absolutely beautiful. and yes, isn't the drawer microwave awesome?

    fifamom thanked cpartist
  • PRO
    7 years ago

    Really like the new cabinets that you chose for your kitchen. Great job!

    fifamom thanked essentials inside
  • 7 years ago

    WOW you went from light to DARK in your cabinetry. You were ready for a change. How lucky to not have a soffit to fight with.

    fifamom thanked arcy_gw
  • 7 years ago
    Really pretty! I love my microwave drawer too. I like the new floors you put in!
    fifamom thanked K R
  • 7 years ago

    Looks great!

    Happy to see someone else use a corner angle cabinet in a current remodel. I got chastised about that my in my layout when soliciting feedback because it's so "outdated".

    Curious, what is your ceiling height?

    fifamom thanked Matt
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    I love how even though you went from light cabinets to dark the kitchen is now much brighter and an over all much happier space! A great visual for those who think a bright kitchen can only be achieved by painting cabinets white. Good lighting and lighter counters achieve a brighter look better than just painting cabinets lighter. Nice work!

    fifamom thanked roarah
  • PRO
    7 years ago

    Great work!

    fifamom thanked Door Corner
  • 7 years ago
    Sink installed
    Love the utensil pull out
    Close up of quartz - I don’t like the plastic plate covers I have to find something nicer..
    Ceiling height is 9 feet
    I’m amazed that the kitchen looks bigger as we added the extra buffet cabinets where the water bottle used to be.. maybe when the table is done it will feel smaller..
  • 7 years ago
    I got the utensil pull out too. It’s great! I keep my spices in there too. Nice kitchen.
    fifamom thanked elhills
  • 7 years ago
    Oh what a breath of fresh air! Dark cabinets look so nice and elegant. Where did you purchase these from?

    Hubby and I are in the planning stages of our kitchen reno and we are highly considering dark cabinets. We’re hoping they don’t darken the room too much, but as I was reading here, lighting can make such a difference.

    I’m loving the utensil cab as well as the corner one! So nice! Beautiful counters as well. Congrats
    fifamom thanked Hi/ Hola
  • 7 years ago

    thank you everyone.. am i supposed to link everyones name to my post? i think houzz needs a 'reply' thingy like the like, save and thank you to make it easier to reply to posts..

    the kitchen does get a lot of natural light - the window is 72 x 72 - we lowered the window to 1" above counter height and it really opens up the kitchen, the patio door is 60 x 80 plus light filters in from the family room.

    we had the pot lights installed - 5 of them and they give a lot of light to the room as well when needed;

    cabinets are AMERICAN WOODMARK from Home Depot - the wood is Maple and the color is Truffle / shaker style and we paid extra for solid wood boxes & shelves -

    the uppers are 30 + 18 boxes i think; our ceiling height is 9 feet - the crown on the cabinets is about 5 inches...

    i like having the angle corner upper - had one years ago and there is plenty of room for stuff inside - I don't think it is outdated - i think it depends on the kitchen - it works for us -

    the counter is LG Viatera Quartz 'Soprano' and I felt that having the same counter and backsplash would make the kitchen look less busy and has subtle movement - not an in your face pattern..

    I think the light floors and light counters offset the dark cabinets.. we still need to install the vent hood and finish the under cabinet light rail and lights as well... kitchen light fixture is being replaced as well but i am waiting for the new table to see what would look best..

    thank you again!! I will post more progress pics and then some other when the rest of the 1st floor is done.. we ended up gutting the entire 1st floor..

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    Love the transformation! Really like that the cabinets are darker and they go all the way to the ceiling! Looks sharp!

    fifamom thanked Stecki Construction
  • 7 years ago
    Some more photos - slow going as were busy running our biz.. still gave boxes to unpack, furniture to buy, doors to install.. little by little..
  • 7 years ago
    Getting lights up
  • PRO
    7 years ago

    Looks fabulous!

    fifamom thanked M&R Custom Millwork Inc
  • PRO
    7 years ago

    fifamom I have a question. Are your cabinets reversed raised panel? Meaning the center panel?

    Look at arrow.



    Or are they

    fifamom thanked Filipe Custom Woodwork
  • 7 years ago
    To answer question -
    American Woodmark
    Shaker style - inset edge not flat but beveled
    Solid maple wood
    stained color ‘truffle’
  • 7 years ago
    @filipe custom woodwork
    See close up photos
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    @JAN MOYER - part of my reno... see photos.. any comments? thoughts? opinions?

  • 7 years ago

    looks beautiful. What is your wall color?

    fifamom thanked carrie
  • 6 years ago

    @ carrie - sherwin williams 'crushed ice' - goes with everything - we had a color designer from sherwin williams come in to help us choose a color and he was spot on..