Your shopping cart is empty.

Bathroom Paint Color Help

Ann Crisp
4 days ago

Need help picking paint color for boys bathroom, going for coastal, boho vibe in house....Thought of SW Sea Salt but not sure will shine in low light bathroom? Not planning on changing cabinet color or tile...but will be changing light fixtures. thanks!

Comments (22)

• PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design

I think SW Sea Salt would be a good pick. I found an example in a lower light bathroom and it seems to work fine. Test a sample first to see if you like it.

Ann Crisp thanked Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
  • Amanda Smith

I would go for a deeper blue.

Ann Crisp thanked Amanda Smith
  • Ann Crisp

Sea salt is so charming and I think will be a winner but that blue range is nice too!!

• Amanda Smith

I don’t think Sea Salt will blend well with the oak cabinet...

• Ann Crisp

My husband wants something brighter, looking at SW Dewy and SW Glimmer now.....

• PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design

Make some sample boards because lighter colors tend to look dull rather than bright in low light rooms. (Also, to Amanda's point Sea Salt works great with wood tones FYI)

Ann Crisp thanked Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
  • Amanda Smith

Here’s a blue in the attached photo that would work with your oak cabinet. It has a beachy feel.

Ann Crisp thanked Amanda Smith
  • Ann Crisp

I like those chairs! is that a lagoon blue?

• Amanda Smith

Here’s a close color. It might be fun in a kids’ bathroo. I would try a small sample first.

• celerygirl

Sea salt would be good. You already wall art and towel with the same color! :-))

• celerygirl

Here is with Blue lagoon

Ohhhhhhhh boy! :-((

• celerygirl

Here is Sage SW

• pink_peony

Try SW Rainwashed.

• celerygirl

Taupe would work good with floor, cabinet and tile.

• Amanda Smith

Thanks celerygirl. I’m really liking SW Sage...

• cat_ky

Take a look at SW Blue Iris. Its a gorgeous color. Sea salt is lighter, but very pretty and it does go with your oak cabinets, however a bit brighter color would go much better. https://www.lowes.com/pd/HGTV-HOME-by-Sherwin-Williams-Blue-Iris-Interior-Eggshell-Paint-Sample-Actual-Net-Contents-31-fl-oz/50388208

• Ann Crisp
    celerygirl, you are fast with the mock ups! the wall print and towels actually aren't ours... those are from the real estate agents staging photos before we bought the house
  • katinparadise

I have a guest bath with no natural light and used SW Rainwashed. It's pretty in the low light and not too bright.

• PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs

Sea Salt Blue looks great. You really don't want anything darker. You liked it...just go with it.

• Ann Crisp
    I do love sea salt but I'm going to get some samples of rainwashed and one more now for sure! at least it's a small bathroom and we can always repaint LOL you have all been so amazingly helpful thank you!
  • Amanda Smith

Sea Salt looks very good in the mock-up of your bathroom, IMO.

• Ann Crisp
    so would you paint the ceiling white? And if so which white? we have our great room painted white dove including ceilings.... but I am still on the fence about it, it's a little yellow in our house...

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).