Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

Blueprint question

grammyp
5 years ago

I'm thinking about joining Blueprint (Craftsy) but wanted to know if the membership is as advertised. Is there any problem getting the discount, and are the classes really free?

Comments (10)

• grammyp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I haven't subscribed yet. I still can't justify the expense right now.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    5 years ago

Beverly, You could probably teach the classes.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I wonder what they pay?

• lascatx
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Forgive someone who has never been here before, but I have joined. My Bernina sewing machine died and I replaced it with a Janome -- it was a little like learning a new language. I spent more time than I care to admit looking at youtube videos and such trying to figure out the nitty gritty points to simple things like winding a bobbin and threading the machine. You can get 75-90% of the way there on your own and then find the diagrams in the book are not helpful where you need them. Well, I think Blueprint was having a free weekend or week and I watched a couple of sewing classes that showed simple things like that and taught me about presser feet I'd never had, etc. And because I watched those -- I started seeing suggestions for quilting. I said I would never, ever do quilting. Well, I'm here, so I must be considering trying it. At least on a small scale. LOL

So yes, when you subscribe, you can watch any classes you want, download patterns and ask the instructor questions, post photos of your projects -- as little or as much as you like. Craftsy has kind of evolved into Bluprint Shop if I have it right. They sell kits for projects in the classes (and others I believe) as well as fabric yardage, precut squares and strips, fat quarter bundles, thread to match the fabrics, patterns (some are free), notions and supplies for other crafts as well.

And yes, the 15% discount applies automatically when you are logged in and they go into your cart (or they are on your cart and you log in). Not only that, they have special deals where you can get kits of fabric at pretty deep discounts. I got notice of a 60% off as a one day sale today and earlier they had half off a certain group of fabrics. I got a kit with all the fabric for a quilt top and pattern for $33. Annual subscribers get free shipping - and it is Fedex 2-day shipping! They also added a perk for annual subscribers . -- you get codes to purchase classes you get to keep -- 3 each quarter, 12 for the year. If you subscribe monthly, you only get one the first month.

I think that's the essentials, but yes -- it really works that way. I was on the fence when I first subscribed, but I thought that it was worth checking out rather than driving 45 min and paying $80 for a class on my new machine (I got one free but was feeling a little overwhelmed). The subscriptions were $99 when I signed up, but I got a supply box -- now you can subscribe for $99 and get a box of find a year for $79. It got me over the learning curve on my new machine (or at least to where I think I can pull out the book and figure things out) and I've had fun watching classes I never would have without the subscription. And it looks like I might try something I thought I never would. For you experienced quilters, it might be something else. There's a lot of stuff there.

You can try it for yourself -- I just looked and you can get the free trial on their site (7 days). If a member refers you, you get a free month (I am willing to refer you -- in full disclosure, if you pay to continue, I get a free month too and I don't want you to think I made my first post for that reason. If you want a month trial, I think you can email me through Houzz and I don't mind -- just full disclosure and no pushing one way or the other. Membership discounts on purchases don't apply during a free trial -- you might want to switch to paid before you shop if the discount would be worth more than the $7.99 for a month.

As for what they pay for instructors, I have no idea -- but there are links on their sight where you can make an inquiry.

The 7 day trial link is near the bottom -- scroll down to find it. https://www.mybluprint.com/

Hope that helps.

grammyp thanked lascatx
  • grammyp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks for the info. So often things don't work as advertised. I have ordered from them in the past and like their products, but don't really watch many videos.

I hope you enjoy your Janome. There are several owners here, including me. I love mine, even though it has few bells and whistles.

• lascatx
    5 years ago

Good to know,. I have been very pleased with the Janome. I was upset with my Bernina dying -- I bought it to last forever, but it was 32 years old. LOL . So much has changed and the Janome seems well made, well thought out and stitches nicely. Probably more than I needed, but he had one he said came back as a demo from the quilt show. It may have been out of the box, but don't think it made a stitch. No parts were unpacked, but I got it for a lot less -- which is why I came home with it that day. No regrets. And if I get 32 years out of this one, it can be my forever machine. LOL .

BTW, I got an email from Bluprint today -- Easter sale early access with up to 60% off and the additional 15% off for members -- so they seem to do sales with some frequency.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Glad to know you like the Janome, and what a deal you got.

• lascatx
    5 years ago

"Deal" is a relative term. It was a good buy and I'm happy. If I find I can quilt and enjoy it, It might not have been the best machine -- but I wouldn't have known that without it causing me to look into quilting. I have a couple things backed up at the machine to work on and then I hope to play with something small. We have a round table, so I am thinking I will try some smaller placemats in a shape to wrk with the round table (circle, square or wedge instead of a large rectangle). I'll post if I finish something.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

The best machine is the one you use. I look forward to seeing your pictures.