Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
srri

Where can i find this beautiful blue tile?

srri
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Tile experts, have you seen this blue hex tile (hex tile with 5 white rays, 2nd row next to the green) in ceramic or porcelain? This one is encaustic and it's too thick for my space. Would love, love to find this in porcelain or ceramic. Thanks in advance.

Comments (23)

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    5 years ago

Ann Sacks has something similar.

srri thanked Zalco/bring back Sophie!
  • zmith
    5 years ago

That's a cement encaustic tile. I found it on Wayfair via google.

srri thanked zmith
  • srri
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Yes, found similar encaustic tiles on Wayfair too but I was wondering if porcelain tiles are available anywhere. Thanks zsmith.

• srri
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Zalco, thanks for the lead! I scoured Ann Sacks last week and didn't see it. Off to look again.

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    5 years ago

Ugh, I tried Ann Sacks, Walker Zanger, and Artistic Tile. No luck. I know i’ve Seen those tiles. I’ll keep noodling it and looking around.

srri thanked Zalco/bring back Sophie!
  • zmith
    5 years ago

Did you look at The Tile Shop or Tile Bar? I know I've seen solid color porcelain hex tiles at one of those. That might be the closest you can get.

srri thanked zmith
  • Pam A
    5 years ago

I can't help you find them, but I can understand why you want them so much. I looked for them back in January and came up empty handed (the thick tile wouldn't work for me, either). I hope you have better luck than me :)

srri thanked Pam A
  • srri
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Couldn't find it at Tile Bar. I did go to The Tile Shop but nothing. I have not looked at their online site though. Thanks zmith!

• srri
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Aww thanks Pam! The house is black, white, gray and I was hoping to do something fun with color for the mudroom. These simple lines are amazing when laid a certain way. I've seen so many different patterns with them....abstract dandelions to sunburst to repeated confers. So unique!

• adawn5
    5 years ago

Here's the recent (February) thread where I got this idea from: https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5611895/help-with-cement-tile-alternative

srri thanked adawn5
  • srri
    Original Author
    5 years ago

adawn5, I was so excited until I saw how thick they were on the website. I think they are just as thick as the encaustic ones. My space won't work with thick tiles.

Edited to add: More leads in the link you just posted. Wonderful!

Thank you adawn5!

• adawn5
    5 years ago

They claim, "With a tile body thickness of only ½” and an overall size tolerance of less than 2 mm, this tile can be played using conventional materials and methods." But I have no idea if that's even true or if it's about the same as encaustic. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I love the look you're going for though.

srri thanked adawn5
  • jdesign_gw
    5 years ago

They just installed these on ajob I'm working on. They are 5/16" thick. Here you go.

srri thanked jdesign_gw
  • jdesign_gw
    5 years ago

Sorry photo didn't go through first time

srri thanked jdesign_gw
  • srri
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you jdesign_gw! These tiles are truly unique in that so many different patterns can be achieved. That thickness is much much better! Looks like HD have these porcelain tiles in black and white only, no colors though, sigh....

• srri
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Bingo!! Stone source has green and blue! This is turning out to be my lucky day :) I really appreciate you help jdesign and everyone in this thread who went out of your way to do some sleuthing for me!

• jdesign_gw
    5 years ago

Yes they are blue here's a better picture.

• jdesign_gw
    5 years ago

• Laura Campbell Rothstein
    5 years ago
    Hi- check out www.Cletile.com
    srri thanked Laura Campbell Rothstein
  • Alexandra Nickson
    5 years ago
    I’m looking for the same thing!
  • PRO
    Ginger Rabe Designs, LLC
    5 years ago

Walker Zanger has beautiful tiles

• Sara
    5 years ago
    Me too, and for my mudroom as well. I want something similar to the encaustic in porcelain, but with brighter colors-ideally greens and blues.