Software
Houzz Logo Print
andrewjagor

Best method for adding trim to curtain panels?

7 years ago
Hi all,

I’ve been wanting to add some trim to my linen curtain panels since I bought them and finally pulled the trigger on some blue/white Greek key jacquard trim that I found on sale.

It is a fabric trim with no tape on the back. I am not a sewer, so a little unsure of the best/easiest/fastest way to add the trim to the curtains. I know it can be hand-sewn on. Aside from sewing probably being the strongest way to hold the trim to the curtains, is there really an advantage to that over using fabric glue or ironing it on with fusible tape? Is there a reason I wouldn’t be able to glue or iron it on? Don’t want to damage the trim or the fabric obviously and if the chances of glue/tape peeling off in a few months are high then I will sew...just looking to save some time.

The panels were not particularly expensive, so I’m not so much worried about being able to take the trim off later. I have a friend with a sewing machine but would rather tackle it myself if possible.

Comments (8)