Software
Houzz Logo Print
lilyfinch

Lowe’s has Austin’s again

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Keep your eyes peeled for Austin’s at Lowes! I had to go buy mulch to cover some area before we move and of course had to do some looking at the roses! They were fresh off the truck but so jam packed you would have to untangle them apart . I was surprised that most were pinks . I feel like last year i saw mostly yellows ! Lol

totally bummed I couldnt get these bc I don’t have most of them and would have in a heartbeat!

Sophys rose

wisely 2008 so cute !

Olivia Austin ( have and love )

heathcliff ( had this but the shape of the shrub was terrible ! Anyone else ? )

Heritage ( love )

Mary rose ( had in Pa and loved it ) would totalt buy again .

They were all 30$ but there was a 25 percent off sign too . I know that varies by store though!! If you see some or buy some let us know !!

Comments (89)

  • 7 years ago

    Looking for curly pink also. You should get that one if you see it it's so pretty.

  • 7 years ago

    My Lowe's didn't have any DA's but I walked out with a well-established Crimson Glory for $15.


    An extremely well-established Oklahoma also came home with me from Walmart for $11.

    They also had large Dick Clark's for the same price.

  • 7 years ago

    Yet another I've been wanting to go with my climbing version. I missed it 2017 and never got in more. :(( Love CGlory. Good for you.

  • 7 years ago

    vapor, I just got the climbing version too.

    Would you plant them together?

  • 7 years ago

    Jc, Before you know it you‘d have 1000 roses in no time! Lol

    Now I have to check out Walmart. :-)

  • 7 years ago

    lol, unfortunately I know it's because I'm impatient.

    I'm not sure how it works in my mind, but more plants = more flowers, but also sooner?

  • 7 years ago

    I have found the roses from the big box stores to be just as good as the ones I have ordered from nurseries. The only problem I have found is that they can be mislabeled, an Eden was supposed to be New Dawn and I forget what r. Mulligannii was supposed to be, but I was very happy with both roses anyway.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    . Yes. I think a climber would look very nice with the same rose in bush form at its feet or nearby.

  • 7 years ago

    jc_7a: "My Lowe's didn't have any DA's"

    Try south of town. Bellevue and Cool Springs Lowes both had DAs...not that I'm enabling or anything...

  • 7 years ago

    No DAs in N FL yet...but my Lowes has “Tangerine Skies” Lol! (I’m thinking this is perhaps Quicksilver?)


  • 7 years ago

    My Lowes Oliva Rose Austin that I bought yesterday:

  • 7 years ago

    Anyone found David Austin roses in Lowe’s or Home Depot in Virginia? Or North Carolina?

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    I saw Tangerine Skies at Lowes yesterday. It wasnt blooming though. I havent seen any DA s here yet.

  • 7 years ago

    We’re they real TGs Sultry? River City Lowes is full of purple TGs. :-)

  • 7 years ago

    sub I looked at the Lowe’s closest to work- which is actually closer to Chattanooga than Nashville.

    Ill check the Murfreesboro one tomorrow. Not that you enabled or anything.

  • 7 years ago

    Sorry Sultry—I misread your “wasn’t” blooming for “was”—-silly me! :-)

  • 7 years ago

    Someone got mislabeled Quicksilver or lavender Crush last year. So yours could be either I can't really tell from the picture.

  • 7 years ago

    I stopped on my way to work and ended up with Falstaff.

    They also had Alnwick, Sophys, Boscobel, Benjamin Britten, and Tranquillity.

    Maybe 30 total though.


    I need help.



  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Sophie's Rose is one I really want. I think you will like. Falstaff.

  • 7 years ago

    We should rent a bus and drive down to TN! :-) Good finding Jc! It’s a good size rose!


  • 7 years ago

    jc_7a, hehe give in to your desire! this morning at 6:30 am I drove 40 min to a Lowes in another city and grab another Lichfield Angel and one mysterious austin this morning. on second thought i might also need help...

  • 7 years ago

    I bet zone 6'ers will see them within the next couple of weeks at their Lowes.

    There really weren't very many total. 4 pallets full.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    My persistence paid off. Just found a new shipment of DA roses at a Lowe’s about 25 miles away. And they are still in the cart behind the store building. Doesn’t look like they’ll be put on shelf any time soon as the garden center is stuffed full. I snuck in the back and took a look. Mostly Imogen and Charlotte, and a mislabeled Tess. No pink colors this year. I’ve got Charlotte, and Tess. I adore the soft yellow tone of Imogen but not too thrilled with its bloom size/form and it does concern me that the petals (so very delicate and thin) will shatter quickly. Oh well. At least I know they are here now, I’ll check out another few Lowe’s tomorrow in the rain storm and gusty wind (weather report said so) so probably little competition from other crazy rose ladies.

  • 7 years ago

    Thanks for posting that, sultry.

    I bought 2 LCs on impulse a few weeks ago.

    Probably only because it seems to be difficult to obtain- no other reason.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    If I found another LC I would get it knowing how pretty it is. I went and looked at some purple blooming, "Tangerine Skies" and I am not sure that is Quick Silver. Hard to tell with stressed half watered plants lol. The blooms didnt look quartered and seemed smaller. The color is right and they seemed to be wanting to climb. There were a ton of them at the Lowes on Phillips Hwy in Jax.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    I believe that’s Quicksilver as I have three of them (10 ft). The flowers can start out like that and usually turn quartered the third day. The color and foliage are correct too.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    We just had David Austins come into in to our local Lowes in Alberta, Canada. they hadn't priced anything yet so the garden manager put all roses at $8.95 until they were separated out and entered into the system. I got 3 varieties of Austins and 3 more Explorer roses. The Austins will go into pots and overwintered in the root cellar. Thr Explorers join their namesakes planted in the garden.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Feels like Christmas has come early......

    Now the challenge is how to work them into the landscaping seamlessly.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    I have one of my three QS's plant's buds opening tomorrow. I will take a few pics.

    I went to a different Lowes and their Tangerine Skies were the real ones lol. I guess it just depends on which Lowes one goes to whether they r purple or peachy/orange. The real TS is actually kinda pretty.

    I went home with a huge gorgeous Inspiration Passiflora vine with 4 fruits on it and lots of frilly flowers:)

    The real Tangerine Skies (?)



  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Sultry thanks for the pic. I have been wanting to see an actual photo of Tangerine Skies for a year. Here our Lowe’s were assigned Florentina and Quicksilver. I’ve not seen Honeymoon or TS and etc

  • 7 years ago

    The Crimson Glory I brought home has peach colored buds.

    I hope it's a nice surprise and not a "dig it up and pitch it" surprise.

  • 7 years ago

    I only found one sad looking Boscobel at Lowe’s last year but yesterday found many - Sophy’s Rose, Mary Rose, Falstaff, Benjamin Britten, etc. I have wanted to grow Falstaff and so I gave in and purchased it. Now it’s waiting to see if it is truly Falstaff. zzzone - that is incredible that you purchased them for that price!




    My Lowes also has Tangerine Skies and I went back several times waiting for the blooms to open so I could see for myself what the color was truly like and the scent. It had a medium spicy scent to me.



  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Dave, you mixed me up with onetwobulb. He’s in Canada and got the good deal on DA roses. Wish I were there but I’m here in the States and paying $29.98 as everybody else.


    Tangerine Skies is pretty! I wonder how the bloom progresses with time. I like Quicksilver‘s bloom form - starts out hybrid tea look and then quickly opens large and becomes a quartered cupcake.

  • 7 years ago

    Ha, I did, zzzone - It must have been too early! Great buy, onetwobulb!


    I have not seen Quicksilver’s blooms in person yet but I purchased 2 small 2 quart Quicksilver last year. They’re finally putting on some decent growth and can’t wait to see them bloom (hopefully) this year.


  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    I really like Tangerine Skies apricot blooms. I am seriously thinking of going back and getting one haha. I read she can get up to 8ft. Hmmm where to put her? What to put with her?

  • 7 years ago

    I have some thrip damage on my Quicksilver right now but here are how the blooms are opening.


  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Dave here a pic of my quicksilver from this morning. I think you’ll love this rose.

    Lucky you Sultry! Please keep me posted.



  • 7 years ago

    Great photos of QS, thank you! I do like TS, so hopefully I can find one. I ordered a Quicksilver that was actually two cuttings in one pot, so I split them up and have two Qs now. (For that reason, I didn’t buy another at Lowes.) Still looking for Austin’s, but no luck in my area.

    My new Lavender Crush just bloomed—really pretty, but shattered quickly. Probably the heat we’ve been having. Already up to 90 here. :-)

  • 7 years ago
    Perma, I happened to planted a few Lavender Crush bareroot this year and they are doing very well. Hopefully I will see some blooms soon!
  • 7 years ago

    Zz, you will love it! My LC was a very unusual shade of warm, medium violet with shaded white reverse. It was very fragrant too! I think LC wants more water that it’s gotten, which is probably why it shattered. It’s a very different look than much of what I have, but I’m glad because I’ll use it break up all this sameness. :-)

  • 7 years ago

    My LC has the nicest foliage of any of the roses I planted this year. It set a single tiny bud that I'm excited about already.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Perma, the Lowes I saw the real Tangerine Skies was on Atlantic Blvd in Jax.

    I wish I could find a few more LC but its getting late for body bags in FL now lol.

  • 7 years ago

    My band size Quicksilver bloomed the second year

  • 7 years ago

    I am not a purple person, I love hot pink. But I just received 2 Quicksilver bare root roses. I am thinking about to team up Quicksilver with Blossom Time.

  • 7 years ago

    What about indiana? I’m going to go Sunday when the weather is nice to look around lowes.

  • 7 years ago

    I have my 2 own root potted QS next to Raspberry Cream Twirl which has bright pink lol. It wasnt planned that way it was just the only available trellis space at the time. I think Im going to leave one of them there because its kinda cool, I like the contrast of lavender w hot pink.

  • 7 years ago

    At Lowe's in Alexandria, VA they have Eglantyne and The Lark Ascending. Anyone else see DAs anywhere in northern VA/MD/DC? ZZg-zone8A where in Virginia are you?

  • 7 years ago

    zzg & SJN - I love your Quicksilvers! That color is wonderful! Sorry, I did not see the updated posts until now.


    Modestgoddess - That gives me hope!

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Still nothing of interest at mine closest except Eden. There are few Canadians at HD including Hope for Humanity, which I may get if they mark it down.