0
shwshw

Hallway Help !!

shwshw
April 22, 2019

I have done nothing to my hall for 25 years, except put new knobs on the hall cupboards and prep it for paint.

I have 2 wool oriental rugs and two small light fixtures that are 25 years old

I started a redesign around the idea of using the original rugs for 2 reasons;

1. they are wool and I thought replacing would be too expensive,

2. I wanted to use the same BM Muslin paint I had leftover from the living room. and the rugs would look fine with that color

Issue 1, is that although my rugs may still have a lot of life in them, I just don’t love them,

especially the color.

Issue 2, When I took out the BM Muslin paint, there was not very much left and it has

hardened.

Issue 3, our ceilings are only 8’.

I realized that if I was not forced to use existing paint just to “use it up” that I was free to a find a new paint color and new rugs.

I just started painting the woodwork; Behr Ultra Pure White High Gloss. I know some of the designers hate high gloss, but just I love it.

I am currently looking at 2 matching rugs that I may purchase. They are both wool and in colors that I love.

If I buy those rugs, I will pick a neutral paint color that compliments them

I just ordered new bulbs so my existing ceiling light will be brighter, but it would be fun to replace one or both of them. In my floor plan the lights are centered between D&C and between A,F,E.

Most important, I am on a tight budget.

I would love help with rugs, paint and lighting.

Comments (1.3K)