Software
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_marie83

Rain Rain Rain......will you ever stop?

7 years ago

I used the scott's turf builder on Friday and we got Heavy Rain all weekend, I read it's good and bad, good to get down in the soil but bad for the water systems idk, but to get dollar spot from coming one rule is a good dose of Nitrogen in Late spring so I went with my Gut instinct and if I see anything I am going to use the professional Propiconazole and spot spray as I see it since it's a foliar disease, Morph & Joe are you guy's getting tons of rain too??????

Comments (21)

  • 7 years ago

    Yep it's been raining every week for the last 6 weeks a couple of times a week....at first it was great because the lawns around here were really enjoying it but now things are starting to turn that slightly pale green/yellowish hue in spots.....I've been doing my fungicide as you know and did Milo 2 weeks ago.....I'm going to do one last app of Milo mid June and then let the summer havoc start lol...

  • 7 years ago

    Pouring rain. Memorial Day was sunny, but yesterday was half an inch, and now we have flood warnings up today and tomorrow. One friend of mine is complaining about her clematis, which are all turning bright yellow--they really hate wet feet.

    More than about an inch would have washed out a urea-based nitrogen source, but there's no help for that. You still can't reapply as it isn't absolutely assured; it can break down pretty fast as it goes, too and you don't want to risk a burn! You could try some Milorganite in a week or so if you wanted to, though.

    Next week it does look like we start to get a break from all this, however!


  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    What rain? We live east of Raleigh and have not had any significant amount of rain for over a month.

  • 7 years ago

    Yeah I am not going to reapply noway, Friday I did it and NO rain saturday night it rained but not for long and sunday night it rained, monday was gorgeous and last night ( late) it was coming down like bullets so I think I should be okay with the application... its def in the soil though Lol

  • 7 years ago

    I heard you're getting hammered w heat and NO rain, well both are bad but least you can water , we can't control all the rain which is causing havoc on things my Vinca's are turning yellow too :/ ugh NO fun

  • 7 years ago

    My garden's kind of canoodling along in the lack of sunlight, blooming here and there and slightly yellowish from the iron getting bound to rust in water. It'll recover. And temporary water-induced chlorosis never killed much of anything, really. Just made it look crappy for a while!

    I gave my friend some iron sulfate monohydrate to try, but told her it probably wouldn't work. She was insistent she needed to do something, though!

    I only gave her enough to treat the plant normally, and it'll go a nice, glossy green next week when the soil dries out and normal iron release resumes.

  • 7 years ago

    " heard you're getting hammered w heat and NO rain, well both are bad but least you can water "


    With the size of our yard that is not an option. Cost to provide the necessary water would be extreme.

  • 7 years ago

    " Seven (7) inches of rain in NJ this month... "


    You made me look! 8.77 inches so far, with up to an inch expected today yet. Trying to mow this week is hopeless, so I'm not sure what we're going to do. Take it in smaller zones and just be patient, I guess.

  • 7 years ago

    Yeah I wanted to mow today but everything is wet.....hopefully dries out over the weekend after today's expected rain....


    BTW, while my lawn is holding firm, I'm beginning to see signs of fungus around the neighborhood from folks who usually don't have this problem.....I'm glad I started the fungicides when I did....looks like it might be a bad year...

  • 7 years ago

    I'm off so I just chewed through the front after getting some gas. That only took 90 minutes. I'll tackle the rest later, I'm already exhausted, and I made sure to raise the mower deck to summer height as well (3 1/4" from just under 3").

    And now there are storms building to the west and the weather service has us under another flood watch from 2PM onward.

    While fungi are running rampant through the neighborhood, I'm clear so far. A bit of rust, a touch of red thread, a lot of mushrooms, but mostly just healthy green lawn and somewhat weedy gardens that I can't get ahead of because...hello, soaking wet.

    There were even two weeds in the lawn, durn it. I glared at them until they went away.

    The official may be close to nine inches, but the digital gauge on my back deck says closer to 11. We've had a few cloudbursts here.

  • 7 years ago

    Yeah The Rain is unreal, how do I look to see how much we've gotten thus far? where do you see that? total since when april?? or just this month????? it's been raining since April here so..

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    I go to the weather channel website and click on the monthly forecast; it has the total precip of your town listed for the month so far....

    https://weather.com/weather/monthly/l/89f68360f6c54cb578a0f576f526226fd8062278820ff1b24de28a5cdad4241e


    Just enter your town..

  • 7 years ago

    I use AccuWeather, but same thing. The Table view of the Monthly forecast will include your monthly average temperature and monthly average rainfall right at the bottom of the chart, along with a nice graph of everything.

    They're currently also telling me that rainfall is expected in 64 minutes.

    So...uh. That's good?

  • 7 years ago

    LOL!....it's been a deluge for the past 2 hours here.....I'll bet another 4 inches are falling.....



    Anyone have Ark schematics?

  • 7 years ago

    We dodged it, mostly. Quarter of an inch, but there's more whirling in from upstate that it doesn't look like we'll dodge...

  • 7 years ago

    mow mow mow your lawn gently down the stream.......


    lol

  • 7 years ago

    I think I read it right it says the last 7 days we got 2.53 of Rain, but I think more, we aren't in Pittsburgh but a Borough in Pittsburgh, I can't figure out how to use it Lol, I get to MOW today Hoorrayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I am seeing some mushrooms on my lawn too..

  • 7 years ago

    Well Raleigh certainly got some rain this weekend!

  • 7 years ago

    I'm thinking about looking into hydroponic lawn care but that's just about what it is at this point!

  • 7 years ago

    In georgia we was without rain for over 3 weeks with highs reaching the mid 90's. All fescue lawns I seen was drying out and turning brown, My bermuda looked great with a couple of stress areas(areas that stayed in the sun the longest), But the last 5 days we have gotten over 7 inches of rain. The bermuda is a dark green/bluish color(Looks great). Ill take a pic this evening