Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pattisue72

Before & After, Master Bathroom

Patti
4 years ago

We've been in our house for 26 years. I hated this bathroom wallpaper then and now, but it became invisible to me after awhile. The room was divided into two choppy spaces. The vanity and closet area was carpeted in a lovely rust/brown delight. There was faded vinyl in the tub & toilet area. For whatever reason, I couldn't bring myself to photograph the tub/shower combo and toilet. There was also a linen closet in there.

As you can see, I tried out various paint colors on the wallpaper (it was hard to mar such beauty) before settling on Sherwin Williams Sea Salt for the walls and SW Pure White for cabinets and trim.

Excuse the bad angles. I found it much harder to get good pics of the bathroom in comparison to when we remodeled our kitchen/breakfast/den/laundry/powder room four years ago.

Here goes:

The sinks and hardware are stylin'.

The REAL before picture had crap all over that white cabinet counter. The cabinets had no shelves inside, which rendered them impotent. (Can cabinets be impotent?)

After. Do we think there was a slight improvement? We do!

Comments (44)

• suzanne_m
    4 years ago

Amazing change!! Congratulations!

• User
    4 years ago

Lovely

• Patti
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I'm so confused! I submitted this post last night and by this morning, it still had not shown up, so I deleted it, and now it's here? Is this the Twilight Houzz?

And thanks for the comments!

• User
    4 years ago

Love the remodel n yes Houzz app has ghost post n pictures

Patti thanked User
  • cpartist
    4 years ago

Holy Moly. That is quite a huge difference and a beautiful one. Enjoy your updated space.

• MT Castillo
    4 years ago

Wow! So beautiful! Enjoy! You deserve it!

Patti thanked MT Castillo
  • Kelly Lemay
    4 years ago

Wow, what a transformation! Beautiful and practical (so much storage)!

Patti thanked Kelly Lemay
  • PRO
    Timeless Wrought Iron
    4 years ago

Gorgeous! The built in by the window is so pretty and perfect!

Patti thanked Timeless Wrought Iron
  • Patti
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Yes, those are for soap.

• PRO
    Door Corner
    4 years ago

Wow. Very beautiful upgrade. Well done, and enjoy!

Patti thanked Door Corner
  • Patti
    Original Author
    4 years ago

The first of the after pictures needs to be clicked on so you can see the light fixtures that I love!

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    4 years ago

Looks great!

Patti thanked OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
  • Olychick
    4 years ago

What a wonderful remodel you've done to that bathroom! Enjoy!

Patti thanked Olychick
  • badgergal
    4 years ago

Beautiful. Love all the finishes you chose. I bet you smile every time you walk into that room.

Patti thanked badgergal
  • Patti
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Badgergal, I do! My husband and I find ourselves just going in at random times just to stare. We haven’t moved all our stuff back in, but we’re gradually getting used to having a pretty bathroom with counter space and storage. I love, love, love the new shower!!!

• Kendrah
    4 years ago

Love the drawers under the window. Great new space. Enjoy.

Patti thanked Kendrah
  • teresale2013
    4 years ago

Beautiful

Patti thanked teresale2013
  • oliveolivehouse
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Lovely! I once had black and white flocked wallpaper with 1' square butterflies. Removing it was way beyond satisfying so I empathize. You deserve this beautiful new space.

Patti thanked oliveolivehouse
  • teeda
    4 years ago

What a beautiful and well planned bathroom! You must smile every time you walk into it!

Patti thanked teeda
  • teddytoo
    4 years ago

Love!!! Sea Salt is such a beautiful bathroom color!

Patti thanked teddytoo
  • PRO
    123 Remodeling Inc.
    4 years ago

Great job on the master bathroom remodel. I love the shower tile. It looks stunning!

Patti thanked 123 Remodeling Inc.
  • Jenny Lai
    4 years ago

Wow, just wow! Enjoy your new bathroom!

Patti thanked Jenny Lai
  • PRO
    Vanguard Development SF
    4 years ago

Well done!

Patti thanked Vanguard Development SF
  • PRO
    KT tile
    4 years ago

beautifully done!

Patti thanked KT tile
  • motupeg
    4 years ago

Love it!

Patti thanked motupeg
  • Pam Felbaum
    4 years ago

Beautifully done!! can you please share the name of the granite countertop and floor tile?

Patti thanked Pam Felbaum
  • PRO
    Designer Drains
    4 years ago

Major upgrade! Looks great!

Patti thanked Designer Drains
  • timber2004
    4 years ago

It's absolutely stunning, and you're absolutely hilarious. Just love your comments. Enjoy the gorgeous new space!

Patti thanked timber2004
  • Patti
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Pam Felbaum, the floor tile is by Florida Tile, Tides collection, Sea Salt. The counters are Fantasy Brown. Is it quartzite, marble, dolomite? There are whole threads devoted to answering this question. I love it and have a leathered version in the kitchen (done 4 years ago). It is now also in the master bath, the guest bath, and the powder room.

timber2004, thank you! I wanted to edit in more comments, but houzz just played with my mind (and computer) on this one!

You are all so kind with your positive comments! Thank y'all. Words cannot express just how much we are enjoying the new master bath. (Well, words really could, but who's got time for that?)

• felizlady
    4 years ago

And now you are asking yourself why it took so long for you to make your bathroom a beautiful space you actually enjoy using? You are normal. You obviously spent time planning and looking at materials. And you made good choices. Well done!!

Patti thanked felizlady
  • Patti
    Original Author
    4 years ago

felizlady, we couldn't have afforded to do it like this in earlier years, especially since we did two bathrooms at once! We could've made it nicer, even if it just meant getting rid of the wallpaper! Thank you for the compliments. :)

• Oliviag
    4 years ago

You really put a lot of thought into design, material selection and color. The room works so beautifully. I especially love the new cabinetry furniture around the window. Way beyond doubling storage, it simply looks great! Even the small detail of turning the outlet sideways makes a difference. Congratulations!

Patti thanked Oliviag
  • PRO
    Michels Homes
    4 years ago

Awesome transformation!

Patti thanked Michels Homes
  • Nancy in Mich
    4 years ago

Beautiful and functional! Love the shower tile choice.

Patti thanked Nancy in Mich
  • PRO
    Get Back JoJo
    4 years ago

what a difference!! Before and afters really help see all the changes and all the hard work

• PRO
    Skipp Renovations - Designer Kitchens Made Simple
    4 years ago

Great work, Patti! I'm over here chuckling at those old seashell sinks...

Patti thanked Skipp Renovations - Designer Kitchens Made Simple
  • Patti
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you, Skipp, and we were lucky (?!) enough to have another pair of them in the hall bath! ;-)

• Kathy Jerding
    last year

Patti
    Hello! I know this post is a couple of years old, but wow! What a transformation!! 🤩. Could you please share your shower tile info? Thanks so much!!

Patti thanked Kathy Jerding
  • Patti
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you! The shower tile is made by Equipé, the line is Splendours, and the color is White (3154), even though it looks gray. The one below it is the actual gray .

• Kathy Jerding
    last year

Ah! Yes! I’m familiar with Equipé! Don’t think I can afford to do that in our whole shower. 😅.
    I like your floor tile, too. I found a flooring place that can order it. Just having trouble seeing anything that goes with my FB countertop. It’s lighter than yours.

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    last year

Big improvement.

• Kate
    last year

Love all that storage!

• PRO
    FrameMyMirror
    last year

Absolutely beautiful!