Software
Houzz Logo Print
sara_ann_gw

Yolande d’Aragon blooms

7 years ago

First blooms of my Yolande d’Aragon rose


Comments (13)

  • 7 years ago

    Gorgeous Sara Ann !!

    sara_ann-z6bok thanked Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
  • 7 years ago

    beautiful

    sara_ann-z6bok thanked modestgoddess z6 OH
  • 7 years ago

    You are going to love this rose. I don't have it, but have seen it in a northern Ohio garden where it outshone all the other HPs. The bloom size and fragrance were astounding putting it at the top of a someday rose list. Please continue posting as it matures. From where did you buy yours?

    sara_ann-z6bok thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • 7 years ago

    That is a lovely rose. Does anyone know how Yolande does in a hot and dry climate? I don't have any HP's, and I think I always assumed that as a group they're better in cooler zones.

    sara_ann-z6bok thanked ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    I LOVE Yolande! And that scent.... Mine gave me some remontancy. Very generous of her! Sara, your photo captures so well the fullness and great beauty of this antique European pink. Carol

    sara_ann-z6bok thanked portlandmysteryrose
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Thank you all, I think I’m going to enjoy this one. Yesterday the fragrance seemed a little odd, but now it is quite pleasant! Ingrid, I’ll try to report on how it performs in the heat, we have our share in the summer, sometimes with very little rain.

  • 7 years ago

    What a beautiful color, and petal packed bloom. I've been thinking about adding it to the garden...

    sara_ann-z6bok thanked Krista_5NY
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Than you Krista!

    My goodness Sheila, that’s gorgeous! Really do love the color!

  • 7 years ago

    Wow Ladies these are amazing. Beautiful rose.

  • 7 years ago

    Yolande is new to me this year. I got her as a band from Burling a few months ago. I planted her in the ground a couple of weeks ago. As a small babe, she has dealt with our 100 degree heat quite well. She is also in a corner of my yard where my two blinding white fences meet and both of those throw some considerable glare and heat her way. Again, so far, she is doing great and is showing some pretty buds on her. This is her second flush and the scent on the first blush was to die for! I have her well mulched and on drip emitters. A piece of her broke off when I planted her and I put that in the ground as well. I now have two Yolande's going strong! When I planted her, she was going to get some shade from the trees behind her in the afternoon, but the homeowners association cut down the trees three weeks ago (was not told about this). So far, she is doing well with the change in environment.

    sara_ann-z6bok thanked mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
  • 7 years ago

    Sara this my first year with Yolande (planted her last year as a gallon from heirloom) glad to see her doing well for you. Mine is about 16” tall and about a dozen blooms. Which were surprisingly large and petal packed for such small plant.

    Sheila yours is amazing! I hope mine will look that good someday.

    sara_ann-z6bok thanked Christian (SW Idaho USDA 7)
  • 7 years ago

    Thank you Christian, I can envision yours being as beautiful as Sheila’s .